Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yes, my 12 year old DID have a blood test

Yes, my 12 year old DID have a blood test

Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:18 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Yes, my 12 year old DID have a blood test

After all the debate on here about whether he would need it or not because he had meningitis when he was little and had blood transfusions, we had our meds today and our son DID have to have a blood test. The doctor said he was testing for 3 things - HIV, Hepatitis B and i can't remember the other - any ideas anyone?

So a child that should have cost less at the meds than his parents actually ended up costing more!! £25 for our blood tests £75 for his

He tried very hard to brave and overcome his needle phobia but he did get a bit upset Still, he didn't have the coughing testicles

I'm glad that is all over and done now. Today I have been called "quite a large lady" by the radiographer (I'm 5ft 5 and 12 stone), and a "woman of a certain age" by the doctor (I'm 42). So now I officially know that I am old and fat I wonder if Australia will still let me in?

Yours slightly peeved

Anne
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yes, my 12 year old DID have a blood test

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

I'm glad that is all over and done now. Today I have been called "quite a large lady" by the radiographer (I'm 5ft 5 and 12 stone), and a "woman of a certain age" by the doctor (I'm 42). So now I officially know that I am old and fat I wonder if Australia will still let me in?

Yours slightly peeved

Anne

Aaaaaaaaaaah, look on the bright side though - the meds are done!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:25 pm

Unhappy Re: Yes, my 12 year old DID have a blood test

Originally Posted by bridiej
Aaaaaaaaaaah, look on the bright side though - the meds are done!
You're next! Good luck
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:26 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

You're next! Good luck
Yes, this time next week it will all be over........!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, this time next week it will all be over........!

good luck matey!!! ho ho
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:08 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

don't some people leave you felling just great :scared:

good luck in getting all the results back and sent off asap anne

michelle
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure your son doesn't feel it, but that is the easy bit done Well done to him.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:54 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to you all for getting through it (i know it's not easy watching kids have bloods taken).

As for being a certain age/weight. does that make you distinguished or just past it. wanted to know because whatever you are i am too
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by louise4
Well done to you all for getting through it (i know it's not easy watching kids have bloods taken).

As for being a certain age/weight. does that make you distinguished or just past it. wanted to know because whatever you are i am too
Somehow I managed to pass with flying colours. Bit of a surprise really considering between them they convinced me I was past it
I know I'm not slim, but I have never thought I was huge, so to be told I was quite a large lady was rather a shock and a bit insulting. Look at all the obese mamas in Australia. Australia is meant to be second to America in overweightness. Yes I know that's not proper English
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Somehow I managed to pass with flying colours. Bit of a surprise really considering between them they convinced me I was past it
I know I'm not slim, but I have never thought I was huge, so to be told I was quite a large lady was rather a shock and a bit insulting. Look at all the obese mamas in Australia. Australia is meant to be second to America in overweightness. Yes I know that's not proper English

When we met in The Farmhouse a couple of weeks ago, you didn't strike me as being old or fat Anne...I think the radiographer and the doctor are obviously bitter and twisted!

Good luck with the rest of your preparations!

Claire. x
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Robbo2
When we met in The Farmhouse a couple of weeks ago, you didn't strike me as being old or fat Anne...I think the radiographer and the doctor are obviously bitter and twisted!

Good luck with the rest of your preparations!

Claire. x
Thank you my dear. I'm feeling much slimmer now. LOL
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Thank you my dear. I'm feeling much slimmer now. LOL

No probs. Karma on its way!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:07 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

anne, some people are so rude!!!!! there are not many professions where you could insult people like that and get away with it!!!
well. at least you got through them...but did you sort out where to send them??
good luck with results x loidy
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:46 am
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

OMG.. what a cheeky cow ! when went for our meds there was a rather 'large' lady waiting for hers. I'm sure that she would have to have at least 3 seats on the plane :scared: dont worry about it.

I'm glad that its over for your son, I know how much of a worry it has been for you