Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

YES!! Jim passed his HGV Class 2!!

YES!! Jim passed his HGV Class 2!!

Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default YES!! Jim passed his HGV Class 2!!

just got off the phone and jims passed his hgv class 2 after just 4 days training!! fantastic, hes one step closer to achieving his goal of being arctic lorry driver in oz!! sorry, just wanted to share it with someone!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:35 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: YES!! Jim passed his HGV Class 2!!

Originally Posted by jimtrish
just got off the phone and jims passed his hgv class 2 after just 4 days training!! fantastic, hes one step closer to achieving his goal of being arctic lorry driver in oz!! sorry, just wanted to share it with someone!

Congratulations Jim, well done x

Donna.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:40 pm
Cheeky

Hi Trish!

Aww, thats brill, tell Jim well done!! Congrats to ya!!!

Cheeky

Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point

So is a uk HGV recognized in Oz? or do you have to take another theory test like the car licence?
Quite fancy doing the hgv licence myself as have been a lift engineer for over 20 yrs and am pig sick of it!! If I see another lift shaft I may throw myself down it. Though I would probably impale myself on all the needles the junkies throw down the shaft...never used to see that 15 yrs ago, times have changed??

Regards windsurfer uk...wish someone would buy my house so we can bugger off to Perth!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsurfer uk
So is a uk HGV recognized in Oz? or do you have to take another theory test like the car licence?
Quite fancy doing the hgv licence myself as have been a lift engineer for over 20 yrs and am pig sick of it!! If I see another lift shaft I may throw myself down it. Though I would probably impale myself on all the needles the junkies throw down the shaft...never used to see that 15 yrs ago, times have changed??

Regards windsurfer uk...wish someone would buy my house so we can bugger off to Perth!

hi mate,

in queensland, having made all the contacts with transport etc, you just have to take all your relevant paper work and hgv licence in and they then issue you with an oz one. most excellent.
still got to pass the car theory test though.
know what you mean, im a security manager at a designer outlet, sick of kicking out scroats and putting up with everyone elses sheit.
Used to drive 7.5 tonne lorries so lots of exp and have always wanted this and trish gave me it for my birthday, really chuffed, if i can change at 39 anyone can!!
jim
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, thats great news

All the best

Sue
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks all, on cloud 9 at the mo. really appreciate your kindness.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 7:59 pm
Cheeky

How fab! Thats my location too!!

Cheeky

thanks all, on cloud 9 at the mo. really appreciate your kindness.

Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Jim, congrats!

Which part of Qld are you hoping to move to?
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Nice one Jim, congrats!

Which part of Qld are you hoping to move to?
hi tony, were off to townsville, you must have forgotton?
one step closer!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

hi tony, were off to townsville, you must have forgotton?
one step closer!
Yes I forgot, and that's after giving you info on the place too!

A goldfish would give me a run for my money, memory wise. I forgot my b'day until Cas posted a happy b'day message here!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I forgot, and that's after giving you info on the place too!

A goldfish would give me a run for my money, memory wise. I forgot my b'day until Cas posted a happy b'day message here!
when was your birthday? happy birthday for whenever it was and hope you had a good day when you remembered!
Trish
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

when was your birthday? happy birthday for whenever it was and hope you had a good day when you remembered!
Trish
Thanks Trish! My b'day was on the 30th November. I remembered to enjoy it too!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Trish! My b'day was on the 30th November. I remembered to enjoy it too!!
well done mate, 21 again!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate,

in queensland, having made all the contacts with transport etc, you just have to take all your relevant paper work and hgv licence in and they then issue you with an oz one. most excellent.
still got to pass the car theory test though.
know what you mean, im a security manager at a designer outlet, sick of kicking out scroats and putting up with everyone elses sheit.
Used to drive 7.5 tonne lorries so lots of exp and have always wanted this and trish gave me it for my birthday, really chuffed, if i can change at 39 anyone can!!
jim
Cheers, thanks for info, good luck.
Regards windsurfer uk