British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   yes another girlie question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yes-another-girlie-question-335527/)

robos Nov 4th 2005 7:36 pm

yes another girlie question

hi i read somewere that you have to have a smear test as part of the medical can anyone tell me
1. is this true?
2. what happens in my case? (because i have had a hyterectomy and cant have one due to not having a cervix)

thanks any help is welcome

jan xx:o

Anne4Terry Nov 4th 2005 7:38 pm

Re: yes another girlie question

Originally Posted by robos
hi i read somewere that you have to have a smear test as part of the medical can anyone tell me
1. is this true?
2. what happens in my case? (because i have had a hyterectomy and cant have one due to not having a cervix)

Whoever told you that was talking out of their backside. No you don't have one for the medical.

Reflex check, weight, height, eyes, tummy feel, boob feel (depends on the doctor) blood pressure and blood tests. That's it. There is nothing to worry about with it, it is all very straighforward. :)

ELLJAY Nov 4th 2005 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Whoever told you that was talking out of their backside. No you don't have one for the medical.

Reflex check, weight, height, eyes, tummy feel, boob feel (depends on the doctor) blood pressure and blood tests. That's it. There is nothing to worry about with it, it is all very straighforward. :)

I'll ditto all that

L-j x

robos Nov 4th 2005 7:44 pm

phew
thanks for that

jan xx:)

kris maynard Nov 4th 2005 7:45 pm

1. is this true?

Had ours today no smear!!

He checked weight /height/checked chest with stethoscope with top on/eye sight/took blood for HIV test and that was about it!!

Dont worry

kRIS XX

robos Nov 4th 2005 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Had ours today no smear!!

He checked weight /height/checked chest with stethoscope with top on/eye sight/took blood for HIV test and that was about it!!

Dont worry

kRIS XX

thanks kris

Jonahs_mummy Nov 4th 2005 7:49 pm

I know this has been discussed THOUSANDS of times but I am still nervous about the weight thing!:eek: I know I am getting back to shape slowly after having Suzy & Jonah, although I still have a LONG way to go... the thing I am worried about is t'other half as he is obviously paniked (although in denial) about his weight - he is a big fella anyhow but has put quite a bit of weight on over the last couple of years & keeps saying he will diet for meds but hasn't done yet - with the prospect of the meds being in a month or so I think he is shitting it now!:(

Are we sure that weight doesn't cause an issue?
Is it cause for concern if your BMI is over 40?
Would yu be graded as B if you are over 40 BMI?

Perthforme Nov 4th 2005 7:49 pm

No smear for me either :eek:

robos Nov 4th 2005 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I know this has been discussed THOUSANDS of times but I am still nervous about the weight thing!:eek: I know I am getting back to shape slowly after having Suzy & Jonah, although I still have a LONG way to go... the thing I am worried about is t'other half as he is obviously paniked (although in denial) about his weight - he is a big fella anyhow but has put quite a bit of weight on over the last couple of years & keeps saying he will diet for meds but hasn't done yet - with the prospect of the meds being in a month or so I think he is shitting it now!:(

Are we sure that weight doesn't cause an issue?
Is it cause for concern if your BMI is over 40?
Would yu be graded as B if you are over 40 BMI?

i heard that your bmi has to be 30ish or under i am also needing to diet for that and my baby is 12 years old (lol)

Jonahs_mummy Nov 4th 2005 8:03 pm

i heard that your bmi has to be 30ish or under i am also needing to diet for that and my baby is 12 years old (lol)

UNDER 30!!!:eek: :(
holy crap - I am no where near 30 & neither is hubby!
Oh god I am REALLY shitting it now!

purple rain Nov 4th 2005 8:06 pm

No smear test at meds..and as for the weight issue well I am 5' 1" and 11st 4lbs and there was no problem with my meds!!!!!!
jacqui

bigjugs Nov 4th 2005 8:09 pm

1. is this true?

Bollocks :mad:

ACE Nov 4th 2005 8:09 pm

1. is this true?

Hi Jan,
When we had our meds done the examining Dr said (and I quote) "Strip down to your underwear, keep your bra and panties on, we are not interested in those bits" So as other posters have said a smear test does not form part of the medical.

Good Luck

robos Nov 4th 2005 8:12 pm

SORRY !!!! didnt mean to worry you

sorry i wont say anything again until i find out the facts
sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry:o

Jonahs_mummy Nov 4th 2005 8:23 pm

SORRY !!!! didnt mean to worry you

sorry i wont say anything again until i find out the facts
sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry:o