who pays bond

Old Nov 4th 2005, 2:29 pm
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough
Smile who pays bond

hi all just wondering under what cicrcumstances do you have to pay a bond iam going on skilled independant 136 modl, and going on my own , is this just for people with families? or does it depend on what DIMIA think?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 3:46 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who pays bond

Originally Posted by johnnybrockie
hi all just wondering under what cicrcumstances do you have to pay a bond iam going on skilled independant 136 modl, and going on my own , is this just for people with families? or does it depend on what DIMIA think?
Think you pay the bond if you need extra points?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: who pays bond

There are two types of bonds:
  1. Capital investment bond of $100K which is optional and gets you 5 extra points on your application if you need them.
  2. AOS Bond which is mandatory for Australian Sponsored visa classes (138 and 139) and is $3500 for families with 1 adult and $1500 more for each extra adult in the application (typically $5000 for "average" families).
In your case if you are 136 MODL you don't likely need to worry about either one unless you needed the 5 bonus point for the investment bond to get to 120 (which I doubt as you get 15 points for MODL job, which usually puts most people over the top points wise).

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by johnnybrockie
Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:30 am
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who pays bond

Originally Posted by brian0
There are two types of bonds:
  1. Capital investment bond of $100K which is optional and gets you 5 extra points on your application if you need them.
  2. AOS Bond which is mandatory for Australian Sponsored visa classes (138 and 139) and is $3500 for families with 1 adult and $1500 more for each extra adult in the application (typically $5000 for "average" families).
In your case if you are 136 MODL you don't likely need to worry about either one unless you needed the 5 bonus point for the investment bond to get to 120 (which I doubt as you get 15 points for MODL job, which usually puts most people over the top points wise).

Cheers,
Brian
hey thanks for that , its put my mind at ease wasnt sure