Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All I want for Christmas...............

All I want for Christmas...............

Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default All I want for Christmas...............

is:-

A$3 to the £

Oz house prices to drop 50%

Construction jobs a plenty and wages equal to bankers!

Flights to Oz on sale £249 one way business class with Singapore Airways and you can take 3 suitcases each

20' Container rate £1000 special offer with no extra charges in Oz

3 cats flown to Oz for £50 and no month in quarantine

Liverpool to finally win a premiership even if I have to watch them in the wee hours

Aunt bessies Yorkshire puddings for sale in Coles

and a pint of proper beer, or at least cans of proper beer with widgets in bottle shop for less than a mortgage!!!

Thats' all be a happy man then!!

What would you britisk expaters like???????
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All I want for Christmas...............

Originally Posted by MrCro

A$3 to the £

Flights to Oz on sale £249 one way business class with Singapore Airways and you can take 3 suitcases each

Liverpool to finally win a premiership even if I have to watch them in the wee hours

and a pint of proper beer, or at least cans of proper beer with widgets in bottle shop for less than a mortgage!!!

I would like all of that too! Not too bothered about the shipping containers or flights but definately would love the rest, especially Liverpool to win the league! But with Ol' Hodgson at the helm I can't see it happening
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

brissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I would like all of that too! Not too bothered about the shipping containers or flights but definately would love the rest, especially Liverpool to win the league! But with Ol' Hodgson at the helm I can't see it happening
Here Here
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:46 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: All I want for Christmas...............

Well one of your wishes may be able to come true as I seem to remember you can get these in Aldi.

BB
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Really !!! might have to pop in and find them lol
Old Jul 12th 2010, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissyb
Really !!! might have to pop in and find them lol
I've seen them too in Woolworths, they're called Aunt Betties though!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

now you're being unrealistic!

Seriously though if house prices where to fall wouldn't that impact the construction trade?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Is OZ to stop advertising Xmas toy sales from July

And please remove the christmas tree that is up at the front of Target already

Ohh and a airline ticket to anywhere that wont be hot and muggy.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:30 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like it to be not too hot; I'll be nearly 38 weeks pregnant by Christmas.

In fact, a baby would be nice.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Is OZ to stop advertising Xmas toy sales from July
I think it's great that they do that, you can layby your presents and pay them off by Christmas, much better than forking out for everything in one go.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's great that they do that, you can layby your presents and pay them off by Christmas, much better than forking out for everything in one go.

I never spent huge sums on christmas junk/plastic stuff so the idea never appealed. Plus isnt what you buy in june sort a old hat by december? the avg 3 year old would probably chuck it back at ya

6 month countdown to chrissy is crazy, totally spoils it I like to start thinking about it after sons Birthday, in mid december.

I am freaking out this year, I really think we are spending it in OZ I am like noooooo, panic attack at thought, I need cold atmosphere christmas not another bloody BBQ.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I never spent huge sums on christmas junk/plastic stuff so the idea never appealed. Plus isnt what you buy in june sort a old hat by december? the avg 3 year old would probably chuck it back at ya
I don't spend a huge amount either but it does ease the burden still and interest free layby is fantastic!

My kids will be 1 and 2 and a half at xmas so I'm buying older toys that they'll like, if anything gets "chucked back at me" I'll cancel their birthdays!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:06 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

A$3 to the £

You might get all the others...but that one?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

6 month countdown to chrissy is crazy, totally spoils it I like to start thinking about it after sons Birthday, in mid december.

I am freaking out this year, I really think we are spending it in OZ I am like noooooo, panic attack at thought, I need cold atmosphere christmas not another bloody BBQ.
That is exactly why i like to xmas shop in july, it's the coldest feeling we're going get to it feeling like a uk one, so all the more better to be buying now, and i do miss the atmosphere of a cold and glistening xmas, so thats why i want to save and do a real xmas and spend it in newyork, fab shopping too,
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:27 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen them too in Woolworths, they're called Aunt Betties though!
It's true - they are in Safeway and Aldi's - they used to be in red cardboard boxes and I filled my freezer the first time I saw them. Now I can get them at the local Safeway - they're about $4 for a dozen. Enjoyed some last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.