Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Yellow" What a lovley colour

"Yellow" What a lovley colour

Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Its going to be tough to get everything sorted out, but we would like to go mid January, so the children can start school at the begining of the new school term . Thats if we can get the flights. We have sold our house to some friends who are staying with their in laws, so they can move in at anytime. It sorting out the money side of things like the company pension and shares:scared: now its all happened its quite scary:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
I know the scary feeling, got our go-ahead and everything seems to be falling into place slowly.
Just sorted out the bank account in aus, stopped payments to pension, making all sorts of lists to remeber and do and theres still 11 weeks to go.
Congratulations and good luck.
Oh, and make sure you stuff the Baggies tomorrow.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Podgy I picked up a Australian Outlook newspaper from Aus house the other day and there was a bit on Glenelgs Holdfast shores and the port of adelaide. They are spending $1.2 Billion over the next 10 years on the port and $90 million at Glenelg, providing new homes a fairground and water park and a new promenade and plazza . I hope this won`t spoil the place as last time i was there is was really nice. And williem we will try to stuff the Baggies tommrow (i hope). Where are you heading for down under.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Podgy I picked up a Australian Outlook newspaper from Aus house the other day and there was a bit on Glenelgs Holdfast shores and the port of adelaide. They are spending $1.2 Billion over the next 10 years on the port and $90 million at Glenelg, providing new homes a fairground and water park and a new promenade and plazza . I hope this won`t spoil the place as last time i was there is was really nice. And williem we will try to stuff the Baggies tommrow (i hope). Where are you heading for down under.
We're heading for the northern suburbs of Brisbane on Feb 21st.
11 weeks tomorrow we'll be well on our way.
Still loads to sort out.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by JandKS
No, you don't have to let DIMIA know. We had something in our letter that told us to send it to London for evidencing, so we presumed that they were going to send all our stuff to there, and sent our passports off about 3 days after we got our letter (about 10 days after visa grant date). Lo and behold we got our passports and stickers back within 2 days. So I guess they were expecting us!

And congratulations by the way!!!! Its a great feeling isn't it?!!!

KS
Happy Hammer

I agree with the above. You applied from the UK so they assume you will evidence it in London so you do not have to let them know. Letter is very confusing isnt it? I think it must have meant if you were wanted it evidenced elsewhere than London.

Congratulations anyway