Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Yellow" What a lovley colour

"Yellow" What a lovley colour

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Yellow" What a lovley colour

Must be the season of good will, as we had the famous YELLOW envolope come from "Father Christmas" AKA "DIMIA" Today.It`s true what all the others have said in the past, it`s a great feeling. I Want to have a good drink and tell all our friends and family, but i am on nights this week so its on hold until next week,when i will make up for it BIG time Now the fun can start :scared: I do have 1 question if anyone can help, They have said you should contact the DIMIA office that granted the visa(Adelaide) to say you want to evidence in london. Is this just a case of sending them an e mail or a phone call, or do i just take the letter and passports along to oz house in London after 5 days and get it done then. ....Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:54 pm
WBB

Default Re: "Yellow" What a lovley colour

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Must be the season of good will, as we had the famous YELLOW envolope come from "Father Christmas" AKA "DIMIA" Today.It`s true what all the others have said in the past, it`s a great feeling. I Want to have a good drink and tell all our friends and family, but i am on nights this week so its on hold until next week,when i will make up for it BIG time Now the fun can start :scared: I do have 1 question if anyone can help, They have said you should contact the DIMIA office that granted the visa(Adelaide) to say you want to evidence in london. Is this just a case of sending them an e mail or a phone call, or do i just take the letter and passports along to oz house in London after 5 days and get it done then. ....Thanks

you lucky git, and a west ham fan aswell!

congrats mate, get the in and phone in sick.

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello happy hammer
can't answer your question i'm afraid but just wanted to say congratulations, enjoy your new life down under!
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Billy Boy What a week 4-0 win at the weekend, went for the last time to upton park with the family to say farewell to the old place...must of had a feeling in me water that the Yellow envolope was on its way what a week. Hope it all works out for you and all the others as well
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 11:26 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Happy Hammer best christmas prezzie or what
Don't think you can go to london for evidencing visa anymore you send passports by recorded post and put a return recorded envelope in so they can send em back.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

I think your right "crossy", but do i still have to let DIMIA in OZ no that i want it evidenced in London.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 9:26 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 3rd 2003, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Congrats Hammer!

where are you off to?
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 9:30 am
Just Joined

JandKS is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you don't have to let DIMIA know. We had something in our letter that told us to send it to London for evidencing, so we presumed that they were going to send all our stuff to there, and sent our passports off about 3 days after we got our letter (about 10 days after visa grant date). Lo and behold we got our passports and stickers back within 2 days. So I guess they were expecting us!

And congratulations by the way!!!! Its a great feeling isn't it?!!!

KS
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
We got ours on the 20th October. We were told to post the stuff to Aus House, but I didn't want to as there had been a load of postal strikes and hassle with stuff taking ages to get through.
So I hoped on the train and went in on the Friday, explaining about the strikes, she then asked me if I wanted to collect them on the Monday!
We had a note about informing them too at the back of the letter, but the front said it was to be sent from London so we didn't bother contacting them.
If you do decide to pop by as your in Middlesex by the looks of things, remember that the office concerned is only open from 9 to 11 or 12.
Have a wee drink and celebrate!
(Scuse the waffle, I'm just off nights and a bit bleary eyed!)
Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Went to Australia House in the strand today..and guess what ? as from the 1st of Dec they no longer have a counter service and will issue nothing , so all has to be posted just my luck but no worrys i am glad that i have been accepted good luck to all of you still waiting Adelaide here we come
Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:21 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi happy hammer!!
Congratulations!!!!
How long before you leave for adelaide??

sue
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Congrats Happy Hammer. Have a few for us poor expat hopefuls still waiting for the lovely colour that is yellow!!

Enjoy!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Its going to be tough to get everything sorted out, but we would like to go mid January, so the children can start school at the begining of the new school term . Thats if we can get the flights. We have sold our house to some friends who are staying with their in laws, so they can move in at anytime. It sorting out the money side of things like the company pension and shares:scared: now its all happened its quite scary:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2003, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

must have been a hell of a boost selling the house to friends...no agents...yeeehaaa!!...we did the same in Auckland. Sold it to our nextdoor neighbour.

Good luck with it all.... i'll keep the beach looking good for your arrival

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.