Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yellow-tailed black cockatoo

Yellow-tailed black cockatoo

Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:34 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Yellow-tailed black cockatoo

We saw one of these beautiful birds today at the bottom of Clear Mountain.

Days like this really put a smile on your face.

And then we took the kids down the park and spotted a Koala.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:39 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yellow-tailed black cockatoo

Wow.....beautiful...you lucky sod.

We've seen yellow crested cockatoo's as they graze on the golf course nearby, but never seen one of these.

QUOTE=rossifumi]We saw one of these beautiful birds today at the bottom of Clear Mountain.

And then we took the kids down the park and spotted a Koala. [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow!!!! ain't he grand?? I am waiting for other types of birds to appear in the garden, hubby did see a Wedgie but I was out.

What I did see last night and am still buzzing about lights on the veranda were on and was on the phone to UK Uncle when a Koala ambled along the veranda - uncle got very confused as I shouted to everyone "Koala, Koala, quick!!!" I heard him say to my mother "don't know what she's saying, you'd better talk

The Koala is obviously a regular visitor judging by the way he was behaving but it's the first time we've seen him - mega!!!!!

The wildlife here is out of this world
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:51 am

Yes we are lucky.

We were just coming to the bottom of the mountain and there was such a racket going on like with all cockatoos but this was different, looked up and there it was just gliding along. What struck us was the size of the bird, it was huge.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Isn't it just.

I took some pics of the Koala but the light was fading, hopefully they've come out ok.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Isn't it just.

I took some pics of the Koala but the light was fading, hopefully they've come out ok.
Hope the photo of the koala come out as my 6 year old would love to see it.
Mandy
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:22 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we are lucky.

We were just coming to the bottom of the mountain and there was such a racket going on like with all cockatoos but this was different, looked up and there it was just gliding along. What struck us was the size of the bird, it was huge.
and beaks that can take yer fingers orf............. mm
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:32 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

We saw one of these beautiful birds today at the bottom of Clear Mountain.

And then we took the kids down the park and spotted a Koala.
aw Rich how fantastic, we saw a flock of black cockatoo in WA but never seen the yellow tail in the wild. he is beautiful

...just checked my book and they live in Tas too, yeehaaa
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Took these pic of parrots in the Dandenongs last year.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-parrots8.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-parrots9.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hope the photo of the koala come out as my 6 year old would love to see it.
Mandy
Here you are Mandy, not great pics but there nonetheless.

Click on the thumbnails for full size.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-k1.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-k2.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:42 am

Thing is, this is Alex playing basketball right next to the tree that the Koala is in. The Koala is obviously not a fan.
Attached Thumbnails Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-abb.jpg  
Old Jul 9th 2006, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Here you are Mandy, not great pics but there nonetheless.

Click on the thumbnails for full size.

Thank you Rich, Clear enough to see what it is . My 6 year old has got a cheshire like grin now.
Mandy
Old Jul 9th 2006, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Thank you Rich, Clear enough to see what it is . My 6 year old has got a cheshire like grin now.
Mandy
Bless.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh wow!!!! ain't he grand?? I am waiting for other types of birds to appear in the garden, hubby did see a Wedgie but I was out.

What I did see last night and am still buzzing about lights on the veranda were on and was on the phone to UK Uncle when a Koala ambled along the veranda - uncle got very confused as I shouted to everyone "Koala, Koala, quick!!!" I heard him say to my mother "don't know what she's saying, you'd better talk

The Koala is obviously a regular visitor judging by the way he was behaving but it's the first time we've seen him - mega!!!!!

I often locate Yellow-tailed Blacks by their loud 'weeaww' calls; unmistakable!

You ought to get Red-tailed Blacks up in your neck of the woods Pen, especially in the drier country away from the coast. They're even bigger and for me one of Aus' most spectacular birds.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 3:42 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

(I hope this works) Here are a few pics of birds we saw on our last holiday, check out the Palm Cockatoo sat on my shoulder at KL Birdpark, he was ace and bloody heavy!

Pelicans Brisbane,Some kind of Ibis building a nest!!KL, Kookaburra Brisbane, Red parakeets KL, and Palm Cockatoo KL
Attached Thumbnails Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-02010112000050.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-02010112000041.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-02010112000058.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-02010112000081.jpg   Yellow-tailed black cockatoo-palm-cockatoo.jpg  

Last edited by possoms; Jul 10th 2006 at 3:51 pm. Reason: cocked up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.