Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

yellow is here, but I don't feel happy

yellow is here, but I don't feel happy

Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default yellow is here, but I don't feel happy

yeah, I know most of you are jumping around when that exclusive yellow (or maybe even white) envelope to arrives - well ours has just minutes ago and I don't know what I feel.

Our plan is to emigrate at the end of next year. We want to start a family and had hoped that we could delay the medicals by me becoming pregnant. That has not happened, and it has been worse waiting each month than waiting for DIMA. We knew from the start that there was always the risk it may not go as planned, but that does not make me feel better, as I am always the glass is half full person.

We also thought that DIMA would require a further reference from Mr W work (which we hoped would add a delay), but they have made no request. We also thought that DIMA would have been at least another month away. Sods law they get quicker when you don't want them to

So we have til the 10 May to get the medicals/police checks to DIMA.

We now have the extras expense of a validation trip, losing out on double luggage allowance, and either delay (yet more waiting) to start a family or the risk of a seperate visa if i manage to get pregnant and give birth before we arrive in Oz.

walaj
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: yellow is here, but I don't feel happy

hi walaj

you can add some more delay in now anyway as you do not need to get the police checks and medicals back by 10 may, only evidence that you have attended to it - i.e. you can write to them before 10 may telling them that medicals are delayed until 10 june for example. also, if you get preggers before they issue the visa it will be delayed anyway as the baby will need a medical when born (mine just had his!)

and baby doesn't get separate visa issued - added to your application

Mummy
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:36 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we have 2 more months to try, and that should bring a smile to my face

Will have to try the delaying tatic as well, which maybe reasonable given that there seems to be so many receiving their requests and all the Drs could be fully booked.

Not really thought about the few months afer the medicals to try before visa issued, as the risk of it being issued then becoming preggers. Plus don't know if that will change the validation date or not.

thanks for the suggestions mummy, and congrat with your little bundle of joy

w.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Walaj... I hope it will work out for you... perhaps all the stress of applying and everything hasn't helped and once you've got a plan about the meds you can unwind a bit.
Fingers crossed! Maybe you could take a short holiday? Might help to get away from everything! Worked with our 2nd child!
Larissa
PS. Don't wear the bloke out too much!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:48 am
no longer searching

we started off with a good relaxing holiday and a last chance for me to dive before becoming preggers. (thats another annoying thing, was hoping to have baby so could do some more training over the winter and be fully ready for my last UK diving season).

Maybe it is time for a nice weekend away?

thanks for your thoughts

walaj