British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Yehaaaaaa! It's hear! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/yehaaaaaa-its-hear-111336/)

Ginny Sep 13th 2002 8:46 am

Yehaaaaaa! It's hear!

Hello all,

Just couldn't wait to post this. Opened up the mail in a half sleeping state and woke with a shock. Our PRE GRANT LETTER!! We only sent our medicals just over two weeks ago. I think I'm still shocked. Phoned my sister but I've invited my mum and co. over for tea to break the good news.

I just had to tell someone so I thought about you guys. Thanks for everyones help so far. More postings yet to come. If I figure out timelime I'll post my dates there.

Regards
Ginny

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

poggle Sep 13th 2002 1:07 pm

Re: Yehaaaaaa! It's hear!

Originally posted by Ginny:
Hello all,

Just couldn't wait to post this. Opened up the mail in a half sleeping state and woke with a shock. Our PRE GRANT LETTER!! We only sent our medicals just over two weeks ago. I think I'm still shocked. Phoned my sister but I've invited my mum and co. over for tea to break the good news.

I just had to tell someone so I thought about you guys. Thanks for everyones help so far. More postings yet to come. If I figure out timelime I'll post my dates there.

Regards
Ginny

Hi Ginny!!

Congrats!! so pleased for you! Maybe 'Friday 13th' is a LUCKY day for you!! let us all know how you get on!! post on timeline too if you get a chance!! its so helpful to us all here!

good luck and best wishes!

Cheers Kaff:beer:

SuzeM Sep 13th 2002 4:03 pm

Congratulations, we all love surprises like that!
Sue

Jo/Matt Sep 13th 2002 5:05 pm

Congratulations, hope your have a wonderful new life in Australia.

When did you applied?????

Love Jo xx

"Ginny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    > Just couldn't wait to post this. Opened up the mail in a half sleeping state and
    > woke with a shock. Our PRE GRANT LETTER!! We only sent our medicals just over two
    > weeks ago. I think I'm still shocked. Phoned my sister but I've invited my mum
    > and co. over for tea to break the good news.
    > I just had to tell someone so I thought about you guys. Thanks for everyones
    > help so far. More postings yet to come. If I figure out timelime I'll post my
    > dates there.
    > Regards Ginny
    > :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Ginny Sep 13th 2002 7:09 pm

Originally posted by Jo/Matt:
Congratulations, hope your have a wonderful new life in Australia.

When did you applied?????

Love Jo xx

"Ginny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    > Just couldn't wait to post this. Opened up the mail in a half sleeping state and
    > woke with a shock. Our PRE GRANT LETTER!! We only sent our medicals just over two
    > weeks ago. I think I'm still shocked. Phoned my sister but I've invited my mum
    > and co. over for tea to break the good news.
    > I just had to tell someone so I thought about you guys. Thanks for everyones
    > help so far. More postings yet to come. If I figure out timelime I'll post my
    > dates there.
    > Regards Ginny
    > :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Hi there,

We sent off our application to London in October 2001. Got our medicals and police checks and sent them off on August 28th. Decision was made on the 9th September. They obviously are fast tracking nurses. Big Surprise to us (but a nice one.) What about you? What stage are you at?

Regards

Ginny

rday Sep 13th 2002 7:39 pm

great news
rday

baldbutts Sep 13th 2002 9:30 pm

Great news,but noticed that you took no notice of the forum's charter that was posted last week.It said (& I quote)

Any nurses that receive their PR during September MUST post a picture of themselves here in the nuddy or at least in their uniform (with stockings if possible).

Don't shoot the messenger - o.k, I thought it was a bit much,but if you live by the sword........

Well done BB

Ginny Sep 13th 2002 9:35 pm

Originally posted by baldbutts:
Great news,but noticed that you took no notice of the forum's charter that was posted last week.It said (& I quote)

Any nurses that receive their PR during September MUST post a picture of themselves here in the nuddy or at least in their uniform (with stockings if possible).

Don't shoot the messenger - o.k, I thought it was a bit much,but if you live by the sword........

Well done BB
Hello Sir,

May I say how privaliged I feel to have recieved a posting from such an honourable sole!!!!!!

I note that you have requested pictures with stockings if poss. My hubby says he would greatly oblige (stockings and all!) seen as he's a nurse too.

Hope that's ok.

Many thanks for that. Your postings put a little smile on this wee face.

Ginny

max kilby Sep 13th 2002 9:44 pm

Originally posted by Ginny:

I note that you have requested pictures with stockings if poss. My hubby says he would greatly oblige (stockings and all!) seen as he's a nurse too.

Hope that's ok.

Many thanks for that. Your postings put a little smile on this wee face.

Stockings? In the nuddy? Nuses uniform? Wee face?

Now we really are talking perversion.....

Oh I see - you're a Scot.......

CONGRATS!!:D

tipper Sep 13th 2002 9:57 pm

well done vinny.

ok so i will jump on the congrats band wagon only if you do the same for me when i get my bloody PR, ive started to cheat a bit now by trying my luck with the stni skill stream to south aussi thingy but some one says if accepted you have to stay their for 2 years. butt any ideas on not being morally obliged to stay if they give me this visa. or does the visa only allow you to stay in south australia. canot see this myself.
so i should wait and get the real mc oy PR. ya or na
all the best people fixer from a machine fixer.
tipperus in the wilderness.

wannabee sheila Sep 14th 2002 7:51 am

great news

Ginny,
Fantastic news, does'nt it feel greeaaaaaaaat. So much to organise now and all those goodbyes to say. I started celebrating last with a girls curry night (the first of many celebrations). Have you got a house to sell? When do you hope to get there? Are you picking your visa up in person or using the post? Where in Bris are you going? Sorry about all the questions but I'm on a high and so excited. We'll all be in the sunshine soon, see you in Brisbane.
All the best with your new life down under
Keep in touch
Karen (see I've come out now I've got the ok) :PARTY:

Ginny Sep 15th 2002 12:08 am

Re: great news

Originally posted by wannabee sheila:
Ginny,
Fantastic news, does'nt it feel greeaaaaaaaat. So much to organise now and all those goodbyes to say. I started celebrating last with a girls curry night (the first of many celebrations). Have you got a house to sell? When do you hope to get there? Are you picking your visa up in person or using the post? Where in Bris are you going? Sorry about all the questions but I'm on a high and so excited. We'll all be in the sunshine soon, see you in Brisbane.
All the best with your new life down under
Keep in touch
Karen (see I've come out now I've got the ok) :PARTY:

Hi Karen,

Great news all around. To answere some of your questions, yes we do have a house to sell but not right now. I'm in the middle of stuff here so what we're having to do is go and validate first (by 2/8/03) and then we'll be in a better position to go out. I know a bit of an expensive holiday but well well worth it. Send my an email if you want and I'll try and answer some more of your questions. (Still celebrating a bit here so typing probably isn't up to much!)

Thanks and good luck

Ginny