Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Years of experience

Years of experience

Old Mar 30th 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

brij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nicebrij_pardesi is just really nice
Default Years of experience

Hi,
How many years of experience is required 6 or 8 yrs if non IT education. I am having 7 yrs of exp and currently working as a Project Manager. I have got my assessment done in Sept and have send my file for Immi last week. If I got my assessment done should I think that my years of exp is alright.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Years of experience

Originally Posted by brij_pardesi
Hi,
How many years of experience is required 6 or 8 yrs if non IT education. I am having 7 yrs of exp and currently working as a Project Manager. I have got my assessment done in Sept and have send my file for Immi last week. If I got my assessment done should I think that my years of exp is alright.

Thanks in advance.
Hellp BP

Sorry, I can't answer your question and think perhaps you would be better to post it on the immigration forum here.......
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Good luck.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Years of experience

To have experience factored into your assessment with the ACS, you have to be recognised as having Recognised Prior Learning...ie you have learnt enough to have the equivalent of a degree.

If ACS give you a letter saying ' for migration you fall into category xxxxx' then this is sufficient to prove you can apply under that skill set.
All you have to do then is meet all the other visa requirements!