Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Yeah im moving to Newtown,Sydney :)

Yeah im moving to Newtown,Sydney :)

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

melinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yeah im moving to Newtown,Sydney :)

Hey all ,So after the wait about for my qulifications getting changed over which took 8 wks, im ready to leave my family in the central coast and move to my new flat in newtown on Saturday ! I dont know anyone there so if you fancy hanging out let me know im from scotland and ive been in oz for 9 wks now . Im job hunting at the moment so I have lots of free time . I figure there must be other people in the same boat as me so come on let go have a drink or a coffee and make some friends!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of
Default Re: Yeah im moving to Newtown,Sydney :)

Welcome to Newtown. There's certainly plenty to do around here - no shortage of places to eat and drink. We've just moved into the area as well. The Courthouse and the Carlsie Castle are our local pubs now, but we're old fogies and feel like a nap after more than two drinks.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:39 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

and it has a vibrant lesbian community
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:53 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel,

I'm not far from Newtown, been in Sydney with husband (from Ayr) for 8 months. Drop me a line if you fancy a coffee or beer

Therese
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hey!! I didnt know there were all these 'inner westers'!! We should organise a breakfast! or even a bev? What do you think?

Jackie
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

melinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Hey!! I didnt know there were all these 'inner westers'!! We should organise a breakfast! or even a bev? What do you think?

Jackie
Hey ,Yes that would be great ! I dont know anyone here yet apart from my flatmates so would be great to get out the house and sample a few of the cafes/bars etc ! I have my forst job interview tomorrow but then im free until sunday ?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of

Well we're always looking for an excuse to get out of the house to get away from the aircraft noise (We're in Enmore).