Y Puds

Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

cypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant futurecypry has a brilliant future
Default Y Puds

Can you buy ready-made Yorkshire puds in Oz or do I have to get the wife a cookery book!!!!!!! Not that I go on holiday and order egg, chips and beans (fried slice) but you know what I'm saying there are a few items of culinary indulgence that we'll all miss!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Y Puds

didn't see any when we were over there last but to be honest e weren't looking for them
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve2438
didn't see any when we were over there last but to be honest e weren't looking for them
I've a feeling that i don't remember seeing them when I've been out there either, but I also wasn't really looking!

They're easy to make tho, just make sure the oil is nice and hot (smoking point) I told this to a brummie lass (no offence to anyone intended!) but she said "noooooo, noooo" and they turned out to be about 3" thick with the texture of blacmange! :scared:

Jamie
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:44 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cypry
Can you buy ready-made Yorkshire puds in Oz or do I have to get the wife a cookery book!!!!!!! Not that I go on holiday and order egg, chips and beans (fried slice) but you know what I'm saying there are a few items of culinary indulgence that we'll all miss!!!!!!!!

Only had this coversation in the pub today

Well can ya????????????

Aunt besie do you make them there, cos mrs roses is useless a Y puds
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Y Puds

Originally Posted by cypry

No , sorry , no Aunt Bessies out here ! I made a roast last week and made Yorkshire Puddings from scratch and suprisingly enough , they were great !
Used this recipe - www.bbc.co.uk/food-recipes-yorkshirepudding.htm
All the best,
Tass.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant find them in Adelaide
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:28 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Not found any in Brissy either....but I've no doubt someone else may have. The Expat folk will probably answer this when home from work [only 10.24m here]

A mate over here gave me a Jamie Oliver recipe and it was fantastic. The Yorkshire puds nearly broke out of the oven!....lol

The secret is.......same ingredients as norm....and.....

4 eggs and leave the mixture overnight in the fridge

Yummy

Old Apr 11th 2005, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: Y Puds

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Not found any in Brissy either....but I've no doubt someone else may have. The Expat folk will probably answer this when home from work [only 10.24m here]

A mate over here gave me a Jamie Oliver recipe and it was fantastic. The Yorkshire puds nearly broke out of the oven!....lol

The secret is.......same ingredients as norm....and.....

4 eggs and leave the mixture overnight in the fridge

Yummy
You can get the ready made yorkshire pudding mix from treats from home At SkyGarden Level 2, Pitt Street Mall, Sydney for $3.30

have a look at their site for anything else you think you may miss

www.treatsfromhome.com.au

But it's just as easy to make them yourself. Another tip is to not open the oven until they have fully risen
Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:01 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

My MIL always said that only Yorkshire women and angels could make a good YP....and being both, of course, I never had any problems!
However, living alone, it's a pain in the butt making them just for one, so I was delighted to find Aunty Betty's in the freezer at my local Supavalue store.
And yes.....I shudder to confess it, but they were every bit as good as the ones I make!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 4:28 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Yorkshire, but my Yorkies are crap ... Whereas Mr GG (also from Yorkshire) makes a mean pudding. :scared: What's that mean?!

GG

Originally Posted by TheCrone
My MIL always said that only Yorkshire women and angels could make a good YP....and being both, of course, I never had any problems!
However, living alone, it's a pain in the butt making them just for one, so I was delighted to find Aunty Betty's in the freezer at my local Supavalue store.
And yes.....I shudder to confess it, but they were every bit as good as the ones I make!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 4:55 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Ahhhhhhh bring on the Bisto

Thank the lord for aunt bessie or betty

Dear old Uncle whos been in Aus for over 40 years was hoping Mrs Roses had accquired the ancient art of YP, but no luck there so it will be a snide trip to the freezer isle and then its Bring On The Jam :scared:
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:00 am
PommieLeague

As for the Perth area, the Brittania Shop on Albany Hwy, Cannington sells the mix alongside Bisto Gravy granules and Mushy Peas! Yummm

Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My MIL always said that only Yorkshire women and angels could make a good YP....
I must be an angel then
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Home made Yorkshire puds are fantastic. Aunt bessies are good for cricket but not the bat or anything else. Mum must have been an Angel.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:13 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
As for the Perth area, the Brittania Shop on Albany Hwy, Cannington sells the mix alongside Bisto Gravy granules and Mushy Peas! Yummm

Ive got a picture of you wearing your flat cap & taking your whippet down that shop & saying Eee by gum lad give us two cans of mushy peas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.