Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xrates down to $1.78 to £1.00,does it give extra push to sell up in OZ

Xrates down to $1.78 to £1.00,does it give extra push to sell up in OZ

Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:44 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Xrates down to $1.78 to £1.00,does it give extra push to sell up in OZ

Originally Posted by Trevski
So is it fair to say, "better the devil you know than the one you dont"
be happy where you are and enjoy what and the people you have around you.
Remember it is harder to change something than just staying put,that is why many people migrated in the first place,you ONLY LIVE ONCE so enjoy it and smile
I think a change is as good as a rest, and an adventure into the unknown can bring it's own rewards.

Whenever I really stop to think, I consider my Granddad, and where he travelled in his life. By the time he was my age, he had been as far as Blackpool.

Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:52 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Xrates down to $1.78 to £1.00,does it give extra push to sell up in OZ

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I think a change is as good as a rest, and an adventure into the unknown can bring it's own rewards.

Whenever I really stop to think, I consider my Granddad, and where he travelled in his life. By the time he was my age, he had been as far as Blackpool.
I believe that me and my family have gained a lot from migrating to Australia and i can say that my kids can have so much more from the world than i could at their age
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben

Brisbane has less congestion thank many British cities, it has less traffic. look into cars per square mile
It has a hell of a lot more congestion than in any city I ever lived in the UK.

You obviously never go anywhere near the city centre at busy times.

G
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:12 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben

Overall we both know Australia is a better place to live than the UK, otherwise you would live there and not here.
That is your opinion....it is certainly not mine.

I live here for family reasons and to fulfill a committment I made a long time ago.

I will return to the UK in due course.

G
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:16 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling

I live here for family reasons and to fulfill a committment I made a long time ago.

G
Typical, come here, drink the beer then leave
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:16 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

G
im not saying i or my family wont return to the uk at some point in time but what i have gained since we have been here made it right for us, and i live away from brisbane city as our choice
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:22 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Trevski
im not saying i or my family wont return to the uk at some point in time but what i have gained since we have been here made it right for us, and i live away from brisbane city as our choice
Apart from living closer to my son I have gained sweet ***** all from moving here.

I have found nothing here that I couldn't have done in the UK and lost a few things that I could.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Apart from living closer to my son I have gained sweet ***** all from moving here.
Bet you've got grumpier though
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by kporte
Bet you've got grumpier though
Not surprising really ....it is simply a crap place to be.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:27 am
Account Closed

Not surprising really ....it is simply a crap place to be.
I love it here G! Not without it's faults though. When do you think you'll get parole?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:28 am
Bitter and twisted

I love it here G! Not without it's faults though. When do you think you'll get parole?
I have said I will stay another 5 years.

Then back to civilisation....and proper ale
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:35 am
Account Closed

I have said I will stay another 5 years.

Then back to civilisation....and proper ale
5 years is a long time to be..... unhappy? Life is too short.
You need to develop a taste for wine.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:39 am
Bitter and twisted

5 years is a long time to be..... unhappy? Life is too short.
You need to develop a taste for wine.
I'm not particularly unhappy....I'm hardly living on the breadline

I just prefer the lifestyle I had in the UK.

I am also not one to break my committments, especially to family.....seems a lot of people would not understand that nowadays.

G
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:41 am
Account Closed

I'm not particularly unhappy....I'm hardly living on the breadline

I just prefer the lifestyle I had in the UK.

I am also not one to break my committments, especially to family.....seems a lot of people would not understand that nowadays.

G
Chivalry is not dead, just a bit wounded...
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It has a hell of a lot more congestion than in any city I ever lived in the UK.

You obviously never go anywhere near the city centre at busy times.

G
Amazing !

You must have led a very sheltered life in the UK.

I spent an in ordinate amount of time in motorway traffic jams on my last two trips, incredibly the M6 seemed worse than the M25. It took me over 6 hours to get from Prestatyn to Milton Keynes on one trip. That may have been the one where I went around Stoke on A roads in bumper to bumper traffic trying to avoid the Snarl on the M6. Makes for a great holiday that kind of thing. I've never seen anything like that in Brisbane, in fact not even Sydney at it's worst.

Havent you ever had to use Park and Ride ? ever been to Chester ?

If there is a downside to the UK and I'm pretty pro UK, its traffic congestion thats for sure.

Honestly everytime I went from one rellies place to another.... I'll admit I was travelling at least 150 miles a go... I would come to dead stops on Motorways.... every bloody single time.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 8th 2009 at 12:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.