Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xmas What to Do??

Xmas What to Do??

Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road
Default Xmas What to Do??

right my wife and i have been in Perth for 3 weeks now and are on our own dont have any friends yet (sad i know) no family just me and the wife

so what are we going to do for xmas we have been told that all the ozies go to the beach for xmas day and boxing day so what do we do any idears would be welcome

or if there is any one else out there that are on there own and want some company we could go out for a meal or some thing

Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:11 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Xmas What to Do??

Originally posted by bussie
right my wife and i have been in Perth for 3 weeks now and are on our own dont have any friends yet (sad i know) no family just me and the wife

so what are we going to do for xmas we have been told that all the ozies go to the beach for xmas day and boxing day so what do we do any idears would be welcome

or if there is any one else out there that are on there own and want some company we could go out for a meal or some thing

Maybe you ought to go away at Xmas, when I was in Perth in August we went to Margaret river which was just lovely and probably alot cooler than Perth at Xmas. Just a suggestion!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply Paul and Urs
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't the two of you pack a nice Christmas lunch and head to the beach as well. You will probably meet plenty of people that day who may well become friends, and you will always remember where and when you met them. Also, be glad you and your wife have each other. Some people aren't even fortunate enough to have someone they love with them on that day.

Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Lena H is an unknown quantity at this point

We are arriving on 2nd Jan so can't help out but I know that one year my brother and his mates went to Kings Park and had food delivered sounded like they had great day

Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

You can go to our rellies in place of us!!!!

A lot of people head to the beach, we have some friends who don't have kids and that's what they do, croissants n' stuff for brekkie on the beach then back to a different beach mid afternoon for a barbie.

I think going away sounds like a nice idea though.

Enjoy
Diane
Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:20 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

weve been on oz 9 weeks now and perth 6 weeks ish. we have a few friends but i must admit it will be very hard not seeing all our rellies as we did in uk...
we're based in port kennedy...pm me and we could have a natter??!!!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:27 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

The cafe in Kings Park has a set Christmas day breakfast and lunch menu, I think the lunch is about $126 per person, depending on where you are in West Perth, this could be walking distance for you. This might sound expensive but have you seen the price of turkey. It might be easier to mix in this setting than on a beach, I don't know. I guess it would depend on what kind of atmosphere is generated by the place.

Last edited by Jirrupin; Nov 19th 2003 at 3:06 am.