xmas in uk

Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default xmas in uk

Just returned from xmas in uk and i must admit i couldnt wait to get back.Dark clouds cold ,stuck inside all day cabin fever family rows .Can honestly say it will be a long long time before i go back again. Must say that it has now distinguished any thoughts on wether as a family we did the right thing as all 4 of us could not wait to get back
Raven
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:21 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xmas in uk

Originally Posted by raven
Just returned from xmas in uk and i must admit i couldnt wait to get back.Dark clouds cold ,stuck inside all day cabin fever family rows .Can honestly say it will be a long long time before i go back again. Must say that it has now distinguished any thoughts on wether as a family we did the right thing as all 4 of us could not wait to get back
Raven
Good for you! I think the novelty of December in Blighty might wear off quickly for me too.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busterboy
Good for you! I think the novelty of December in Blighty might wear off quickly for me too.
The flight back as also put me off for life came in over Darwin fri avo during the tropical storm and got bounced from pillar to post
Raven
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Raven
Xmas was terrible for us this year, same as yours by the sounds of it. Can twait for next year when we will be in Brizzy for Xmas and well away from stuffy old families
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:53 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Raven
I still hold a candle for Christmas in the UK - maybe I need to go back for a visit to extinguish it! How long have you been in Oz? Two years in April for us

Last edited by Mrs Jackaroo; Jan 6th 2008 at 8:58 am.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd EXtinguish myself but each to their own We thought about going back for a visit over christmas but we couldn't cope with the weather.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:59 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'd EXtinguish myself but each to their own We thought about going back for a visit over christmas but we couldn't cope with the weather.
I've changed it now!! lol
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I still hold a candle for Christmas in the UK - maybe I need to go back for a visit to extinguish it! How long have you been in Oz? Two years in April for us
14 months and lovvving it
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

I still love Christmas in UK. Been back 3 times (in 11 years) at that time. I try to go early in December to do all the shopping in the freezing cold and dark. I love the lights in the High St and the trees in peoples windows and freezing my butt off!!
Then I come back here and revel in the stinking heat of Brissy in summer.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:47 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I'm with you Rach!

I think perhaps a visit at some point in the future at xmas time will probably put my feelings to rest!

Mind you if they have crap weather in Oct when i'm back that may well do the trick too