Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xmas Pressies - PSP2? Worth the money????

Xmas Pressies - PSP2? Worth the money????

Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Xmas Pressies - PSP2? Worth the money????

My 8 year old announced last night he would like a PSP2 (hand held thing) from Santa this year, now not being up on all these gadget things we are very reluctant to pay the $300 they seem to be asking for them.

Just wanted to know if anybody has one and what their thoughts are on them? Do they do anything apart from playing the games, my son claims they can play songs like an ipod, but again we have no idea if thats true or its something he has just heared in the playground.

We would much rather be spending the money on something more constructive for him to be doing but this is a kid that has never asked for anything special ever for Xmas. I myself would quite like Johnny Depp for Christmas but again think this year I am going to be disappointed

Thanks.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default Re: Xmas Pressies - PSP2? Worth the money????

Hi,

The PSP system play's music, movies and also play's games. We bought one for our son 18 months ago and to be honest he only ever play's games on it. They also have the Nintendo DS and they play that more, and you can download the games for free from the internet and they are cheaper.

My advice would be to send him out to play in the sunshine or if not, get a Nintendo DS as you will save a fortune on having to buy games.

Good luck
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:00 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Xmas Pressies - PSP2? Worth the money????

Originally Posted by macy
My 8 year old announced last night he would like a PSP2 (hand held thing) from Santa this year, now not being up on all these gadget things we are very reluctant to pay the $300 they seem to be asking for them.

Just wanted to know if anybody has one and what their thoughts are on them? Do they do anything apart from playing the games, my son claims they can play songs like an ipod, but again we have no idea if thats true or its something he has just heared in the playground.

We would much rather be spending the money on something more constructive for him to be doing but this is a kid that has never asked for anything special ever for Xmas. I myself would quite like Johnny Depp for Christmas but again think this year I am going to be disappointed

Thanks.
Depends what they are into, my son wants an XBox 360 as that is what all his mates have who he would play against so to him the PS3 even though it has better graphics/blue ray would be a waste for him. We are unable to convince him otherwise as we thought it would make a nice dvd player as well.