Xmas Plans

Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Xmas Plans

Hi Folks, Just wondered if others have experienced this....I am after making my last UK xmas really special, but at the same time am very hesitant and buying new stuff. Has anyone any suggestions on what I can do??

Cheers
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:28 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Xmas Plans

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Folks, Just wondered if others have experienced this....I am after making my last UK xmas really special, but at the same time am very hesitant and buying new stuff. Has anyone any suggestions on what I can do??

Cheers
I suspect I may be buried under visa paperwork or packing boxes.... not sure our last Christmas here is going to be that massive an event

I love all the build up to Christmas here but the actual day is a bit of any anti-climax.

Buzzy
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Xmas Plans

Cheers
Funny you should say that Cath as you probably know we go soon but it not stopped my mrs from being really annoyed that all the new winter clothes are out and she cant buy any. My wallet is happy though
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Firth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really niceFirth4oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by raven
Funny you should say that Cath as you probably know we go soon but it not stopped my mrs from being really annoyed that all the new winter clothes are out and she cant buy any. My wallet is happy though

My OH isn't - i managed to get to the summer sales and bought nearly a shops worth of gear for the kids (couple of sizes bigger - thinking "it's alright, they'll grow into it!")
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Firth4oz
My OH isn't - i managed to get to the summer sales and bought nearly a shops worth of gear for the kids (couple of sizes bigger - thinking "it's alright, they'll grow into it!")
:scared:
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Cheers

We are doing the same. Been giving some thought to what we can get the kids (9,5&2) Didn't want a tonne of toys, just filled a skip with toys Decided on a portable dvd player for two eldest, told rellies dvd's, watches, PS2 games, PSP games. Not sure about youngest, but he's a bit young yet, may get him 'token gifts' and buy slide or bike or swing when we get there.
Could buy clothes like lightwieght jackets (next size up) swimming gear.
Nicky x
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=leechy100]. Not sure about youngest, but he's a bit young yet, may get him 'token gifts' and buy slide or bike or swing when we get there.

Hmmmm my token gifts always include nappies from Father Christmas ! Our 2 year old was so sweet last year, he saw the crackers on the table and thought that was it! Then he turned around and saw his "kitchen" ! We are moving in November, so hope to buy stuff there to replace the stuff that wont fit in the container..like a ride on and swing funnily enough.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers

You could allways do what me and Kath are doing!!!! Spending our last xmas in UK in AUSTRALIA......................... Roll on December the 5Th.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
We are doing the same. Been giving some thought to what we can get the kids (9,5&2) Didn't want a tonne of toys, just filled a skip with toys Decided on a portable dvd player for two eldest, told rellies dvd's, watches, PS2 games, PSP games. Not sure about youngest, but he's a bit young yet, may get him 'token gifts' and buy slide or bike or swing when we get there.
Could buy clothes like lightwieght jackets (next size up) swimming gear.
Nicky x
Thats just it, we are buying the bigger pressies (cant say what on here as our son posts) but its basically the stocking fillers isnt it that would make it look tons. I have always loved seeing their faces as they come downstairs and see piles of stuff for them. But this year our eldest has his own place, so his pile wont be there, our mid son wants money and our youngest (11) still wants the joy of xmas. Its his feelings we are thinking about really too. I cant buy him the little bits this time.

Dave: would love to be over there mate, but that is the time when we would have to sort out our meds etc as we arent expecting a CO til nearer xmas. Will be thinking of you both with the tinnies on the beach.

Raven, my cousins who live in australia tend to stock up on our winter clothes when they come over as its a lot cheaper for clothes over here than in oz. In fact they took about 4 suitcases back with them full of clothes. So it maybe something for you to consider. (I'm on the wifes side too for spending money )
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
For are last xmas My parents bought me a set of suitcases that way we didnt have to worry about bringing it over and from other poeple i got money. My brother got a psp which he coulf bring on the plane with him so no need to worry about that either
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We are hoping to be in Australia by next Christmas although we are not sure how feasible that is. We are still doing our TRA stuff but are hoping that we will get there around this time next time next year.

So this is possibly going to be our last Christmas here too and already it is starting to annoy me. We spent last Christmas with my family in Sussex so this year my in laws are just assuming that we will be spending it with them here. But as we possibly won't be here next year, we are trying to see everyone. This is proving to be a complete nightmare and whatever we suggest is upsetting someone or other. I am getting more and more tempted to just go away somewhere.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:43 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Xmas Plans

Originally Posted by TeresaG
I am getting more and more tempted to just go away somewhere.
how about Australia???

Buzzy
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
how about Australia???

Buzzy
I would love to. Just need to convince hubby but as we are going on holiday next month to Mexico it will take a huge amount of convincing. I wish we had booked the holiday for a month later.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

We want you over here. Miss you terribly

love lace xxxx
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

This should be our last xmas. We going go and do the Xmas day dip in the sea as possibly a memory to look back on....having second thoughts mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.