Xmas in Oz

Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road
Default Xmas in Oz

Hi all

Just returned from a 5 week stay in the most fab place in the world.
had 10 days on the gold coast and found that to be very humid and busy, but loved the beaches and the surf. Met my uncle for the second time and met all my cousins and their kids. That was very interesting as they all were brought up in the bush and had some weird stories to tell. We were looking around for red backs and they had done their schooling bare footed.
Next on our journey was Adelaide where we spent xmas and new year with our friends who emigrated 14 years ago. What a lovely place Blackwood and the hills around. We all had a great time and our kids got on really well with theirs. Went to Glenelg for new years eve and thought it was great for our lot as they are 18, 16 and 11, so they loved the night life. Said farewell to our friends on the second of Jan and flew off to Perth where we stayed in the city. Perth was equally lovely but thought it more of a holiday place than Adelaide. Went and visited Hollywood 110 (Trevor and Sharon) and had a lovely BBQ with them and they gave us a lot of info. must say we all thought Perth to be a little windy on the coast. Freemantle was not so windy but you couldn't walk on the sand as it burnt through my thongs.(flip flops) In all we have decided to go to Adelaide as we are country people and found the hills and surrounding areas to be beautiful.

Can't stop thinking about our trip and have been looking for flights around August so we can go in the oz winter.

PS. don't think about it, do it.

bye Sally
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great post! Its bound to be knocked by the miserable ones though but glad to hear you had such a great time
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

You won't regret it ! Been here for almost a year now and have settled very well, we're at Flagstaff Hill 10 mins from Blackwood. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

Juls
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

wonderful Ovenater!..

I totally agree with you about Blackwood... when we get round to buying thats where we want to live. I really do get flabberghasted at all the bad press people keep giving this place. I find it a dream living here.

Pop in and see us at Glenelg when you arrive!!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Juls and PodgyPossum

We took are looking at the Blackwood\Flagstaff Hill area to be near the St Johns Grammar school in Belair.

There doesn't seem to be much rental property on the two main web sites for this area. Is this a general fact for this area, or is it all kept off the web? i.e Who are the best real estate people to contact?

Cheers
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Paul..no, i think that most of the available rentals are on the main sites ie www.realeastate.com.au
The problem we found was places were being snapped up before they were getting into print, so by the time you phone they've gone!
The local paper here brings out listings on Wednesdays and Saturdays but i not sure they have online site. The Advertiser.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks PodgyPossum, and thanks for the offline mails Juls,

I will contact the agents suggested in the next couple of weeks.

This site is far too addictive and I'm signing off for the day!