Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

xmas flights to uk

xmas flights to uk

Old Sep 1st 2010, 4:23 am
Just Joined

richgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura about
Default xmas flights to uk

Hi All

Has anyone booked flights back to uk for xmas and got a good deal?
We are looking at $9500 cheapest for family of 4, yikes.
Or did anyone go back for a visit last xmas and remembers when they got a good price for the flight?
I haven't booked yet as I figure the price can't possibly go any higher.
I've looked at AirAsia and while the price is great don't fancy squashing onto their plane with 2 kids and no in-flight entertainment.
G xxx
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice
Default Re: xmas flights to uk

Air Asia? you should look into the site more, we are going over Xmas for $7200 thats with food and entertainment (for 4 of us)
Old Sep 1st 2010, 5:29 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richgina
Ex Perth?

Seems like fairly standard Xmas pricing. Those fares could rise by the way.

Something to consider is flying Air Asia on the short leg to KUL and then buying a separate ticket from there (not on Air Asia)...I have done this before at Xmas time and saved about $1000 compared to the ex-Aus single ticket price.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by richgina
Hi All

Has anyone booked flights back to uk for xmas and got a good deal?
Or did anyone go back for a visit last xmas and remembers when they got a good price for the flight?
I haven't booked yet as I figure the price can't possibly go any higher.
I've looked at AirAsia and while the price is great don't fancy squashing onto their plane with 2 kids and no in-flight entertainment.
G xxx
I got flights back in Feb to Kuala Lumpur for $440 o/w leaving 18 Dec with Emirates. Could have then booked the ongoing leg to the UK but we have decided to stay in Asia.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:44 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

check out kayak or orbitz sites. and yes the prices probably will go up. flights around christmas tend to be in high demand so they will get dearer i reckon.

its cheaper usually to fly on christmas eve or christmas day,........but kind of defeats the whole object of going back at christmas.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:01 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We went back last year, booked and paid deposit with agent for Emirates flights they then put them up $1000 more, for the 4 of us and wouldnt honour the original price. Singapore then released their 'sweet deals' flights and we ended saving on the original Emirates price Travel agent tranferred the deposit to them and matched the online price too, marvellous!