Xmas flights

Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough
Default Xmas flights

Hello can any one help me i am looking in to flights in December to go back to the uk.

Can you book them in the uk and are they cheaper.

Thank you

Ann Marie
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas flights

Originally Posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
Hello can any one help me i am looking in to flights in December to go back to the uk.

Thank you

Ann Marie
Hi Ann Marie, there was something ages ago about being able to book flights from the UK but as far as I have seen since, it doesn't seem to have happened. All I do know is the prices will be a lot higher over christmas.

I'd search the web if I were you. There are quite a few companies that do good deals every now and then but off the top of my head, can't think of any of them

Hope you and yours are well.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:29 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

when we came back we booked through www.bestflights.com.au and they had some very good prices
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Paul&Ann-Marie]Hello can any one help me i am looking in to flights in December to go back to the uk.

Thank you

You can book 1 way flights (and returns) from Oz to the UK via a well known UK travel agent for students :-) (you don't need to be a student).

Seems only Royal Brunei & Singapore Airlines offer this service.

You must have flown out of the UK on either Brunei or Singapore.

You'll need your Ticket No., Date of Departure + Flight No. from your original flight out of the UK.

Booking it this way rather than thru an Oz travel agent has saved me over £150 (Perth to Lhr with Singapore 1 way cost me £503 flying mid Nov.).

CB
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Country Boy]

Thank you

You can book 1 way flights (and returns) from Oz to the UK via a well known UK travel agent for students :-) (you don't need to be a student).

You'll need your Ticket No., Date of Departure + Flight No. from your original flight out of the UK.

Booking it this way rather than thru an Oz travel agent has saved me over £150 (Perth to Lhr with Singapore 1 way cost me £503 flying mid Nov.).

CB
hi, i phoned emirates with a similar question 7 they were fine.

good luck
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Ann Marie

We booked recently, availability out was OK, getting back in january from UK was very tight, one of us has to fly out from frankfurt to get the date needed for work commitments. We searched everywhere, days of it, prices are expensive in december but watch the taxes, Qantas wanted around $600 a person, the asian airlines more like $400. Internet specials kept showing up no availability, so ended up pricing all the travel agents.

In the end Flight centre were the most keen to undercut prices, and very willing to spend ages searching fares and airlines for seats.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Ann Marie
You can also try www.zuji.com, we found them cheaper than Fight Centre, but beware you are flying at probably the busiest time of year and prices AND seats will be at a premium.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:16 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

In the end Flight centre were the most keen to undercut prices, and very willing to spend ages searching fares and airlines for seats.
Did you realize they had been found guilty by the ACCC for misleading advertising on ticket costs. As a result they had to change their advertising slogan and shop signage.

Last edited by The Bloke; Oct 2nd 2006 at 8:18 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Country Boy]

Thank you

CB
Do you have the travel agents name ???
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=tabby]
Originally Posted by Country Boy

Do you have the travel agents name ???
Statravel

CB
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

I booked a couple of months ago to fly back on the 21st December and return 3rd January - best deal was around $2600 each including taxes!!!!!! I know the shock nearly killed me. We're flying with Emirates and actually booked directly with them as it was cheaper than booking via an agent. We could've got cheaper with BA & Qantas but you were looking at 30hrs travel time, and I vowed never to fly with BA again after a particularly bad journey when we first came out here. I was going to leave it until the last minute and see if the deals got better, but as we have to get home for a wedding I couldn't risk it. I kept an eye on the prices over a 2 week period and they got more expensive and the return flights had less choice. We were even willing to fly Christmas day but the flights weren't any cheaper. So Mr Mastercard took a bashing and my fingers are hurting from them being permanently crossed as I hope our Christmas bonus is enough to pay for them!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshgirl
I booked a couple of months ago to fly back on the 21st December and return 3rd January - best deal was around $2600 each including taxes!!!!!! I know the shock nearly killed me. We're flying with Emirates and actually booked directly with them as it was cheaper than booking via an agent. We could've got cheaper with BA & Qantas but you were looking at 30hrs travel time, and I vowed never to fly with BA again after a particularly bad journey when we first came out here. I was going to leave it until the last minute and see if the deals got better, but as we have to get home for a wedding I couldn't risk it. I kept an eye on the prices over a 2 week period and they got more expensive and the return flights had less choice. We were even willing to fly Christmas day but the flights weren't any cheaper. So Mr Mastercard took a bashing and my fingers are hurting from them being permanently crossed as I hope our Christmas bonus is enough to pay for them!
Get used to it. That sounds a good deal.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

Still a bit scary when we went back in May 2005 and only paid $1700 each. Just my luck that my only sister decides to get married on Dec 30th!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshgirl
Still a bit scary when we went back in May 2005 and only paid $1700 each. Just my luck that my only sister decides to get married on Dec 30th!
I know where your coming from, but you have to bear in mind the size of the taxes now being applied to a ticket. My g/friend pays around the equivalent of £1100ish for a return from Oz, and that's any time of year.

BTW xmas weddings are great. Attended one last year. Not good for the digestion system though..
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Ann Marie
HI AM is that to go back back or just for a hol? Be interested to see how much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.