Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

xmas/birthday presents send to UK

xmas/birthday presents send to UK

Old May 29th 2008, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

clairer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default xmas/birthday presents send to UK

has anyone got any tips for low weight gifts, or a website that wraps and sends directly to reciever? I know about Amazon (dont know if they gift wrap) but are there any other ones people are using! Its costing me a small fortune in sending gifts over, so Im dreading xmas! and i dont want to burden anyone back home to do it for me! any smart ideas most welcome!
Old May 29th 2008, 5:48 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xmas/birthday presents send to UK

Originally Posted by clairer
has anyone got any tips for low weight gifts, or a website that wraps and sends directly to reciever? I know about Amazon (dont know if they gift wrap) but are there any other ones people are using! Its costing me a small fortune in sending gifts over, so Im dreading xmas! and i dont want to burden anyone back home to do it for me! any smart ideas most welcome!
There must be online shops in UK that do gift wrapping as part of the service, especially around xmas time. I don't mean the crap ones that do just teddies and mugs or ridiculously priced tshirts either!! I'll have a nose!!
Old May 29th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyo
There must be online shops in UK that do gift wrapping as part of the service, especially around xmas time. I don't mean the crap ones that do just teddies and mugs or ridiculously priced tshirts either!! I'll have a nose!!
yeah I had a quick look on the net but nothing jumped out! Thanks!
Old May 29th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

have a look at Mrs Jackaroo's website http://www.ukshoppingworldwide.com/
Old May 29th 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

PepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to allPepaPig is a name known to all

I've been using Marks & Spencer for my UK gifts and I'm sure the last lot of birthdays I was able to have the items gift wrapped. If you spend a certain amount the delivery is free.

Hope this helps.
Old May 29th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

John Lewis also gift wrap and from memory so do Debenhams but I cant be sure of them.

Another idea is that last year I ordered from Next (I have an account) and Tesco extra and then got it all delivered to my wonderful mum who wrapped and posted for me. I sent her gift tags to personalise it all a bit more. She then "billed" me for the postage........

The alternative is to be really organised and send alot by surface mail in about July......... I believe it's loads cheaper......
Old May 29th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

The Early Learning Centre offers a gift wrapping service and so do Amazon.

I don't send any gifts from OZ - the postal prices are very prohibitive and I've even started sending cards through moonpig.com, which turns out to be cheaper than buying and sending from Oz.

Galba
Old May 29th 2008, 8:26 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

We've not done it yet, but I have researched and we'll be using
Amazon, M&S, Debenhams and John Lewis for Christmas/B'day Presents.

Good call on Moonpig, will have to have a look at their selection!

Ali x
Old May 29th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by galba
The Early Learning Centre offers a gift wrapping service and so do Amazon.

I don't send any gifts from OZ - the postal prices are very prohibitive and I've even started sending cards through moonpig.com, which turns out to be cheaper than buying and sending from Oz.

Galba
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE - IM ON MOONPIG NOW CREATING PERSONALISED CARDS I LOVE IT, THANKS AGAIN!
Old May 29th 2008, 10:53 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Check out www.photobox.com

You can upload pictures and turn them into a photo book which is excellent quality. Takes a bit of work to organise the pages and write a story about the photo's, but really good when finished!

Neil.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Haven't read the whole thread but this year I am going to do sea mail. Going to the local surf shop at the end of winter to pick up some discounted winter stock to send by sea hopefully in time for Xmas. We'll see how that works out.