Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Xmas alone - 1st apart in 23Yrs

Xmas alone - 1st apart in 23Yrs

Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Xmas alone - 1st apart in 23Yrs

Well,
thanks to our buyers dithering around we are about to spend our 1st xmas apart in 23 Years.....those of you who know the reason will understand when I booked Linda and Kay's tickets to Oz this morning..... the only flight available before xmas, for the 26th November whilst I stay here and wait out the saga of house selling....oh what joy!!!!
This sale has now dragged on since Good Friday and the lenders now want a tree report on some trees the buyer will have removed when they get in????

Good Fun this emigrating lark innit?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xmas alone - 1st apart in 23Yrs

Originally posted by Rossi
Well,
thanks to our buyers dithering around we are about to spend our 1st xmas apart in 23 Years.....those of you who know the reason will understand when I booked Linda and Kay's tickets to Oz this morning..... the only flight available before xmas, for the 26th November whilst I stay here and wait out the saga of house selling....oh what joy!!!!
This sale has now dragged on since Good Friday and the lenders now want a tree report on some trees the buyer will have removed when they get in????

Hi Rossi
sorry to read that you and your family will have to be apart for xmas but we will still be here on the forum for you!! now i know why we will put our bungalow on the market afer xmas so that if we end up with nightmare buyers like yours!!!
take care Rossi
thinking of you
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well,

Sorry to hear that Rossi. You must be gutted. Fate has been cruel to you all during this process.

I hope it all works out for you all in the end.

Take care

footie chick x
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope it isn't too bad for you this Xmas. You have my sympathies regarding the house sale, it is an awful situation to be in.

Sign up to MSN messenger at least you will be able to chat online then, a webcam could be fun too!

Last edited by tinaj; Nov 10th 2003 at 9:35 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hell - Good Friday!!!?? :scared:

How on earth have you managed to avoid going crackers?

Lots of maybe?
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:01 pm
plumber39

Know how you feel on the house front rossi,all will come right in the end.
Just think how many extra boiler,s you can repair why'll you wait!

All the best fellow plumber!.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:07 pm
WBB

a tree report.....i have heard it all now.

my heart goes out to you, xmas is not a time to be apart from loved ones, good luck.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

could some forum members invite you to xmas dinner this year who live near to you....

We may lose our flights booked for the 26th Nov if we dont exchange by wednesday. If that happens then i dont know what will happen but we will not be leaving before xmas. After xmas the exchange rates might be down so low then who knows what!!!!

As you say after the 26th nov, there seems to be no flights available apart from the very ,very expensive ones.

good luck to you

booboo
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi Rossi

I know just how you feel. I'll be spending Xmas over here while my other half is still in the UK, hopefully with the house sold and just tying up loose ends.

He's also going to miss our Daughter's 5th birthday and her first day at school.

He's not going to be here until early February now. If he stays at the company he works for until the end of January, he'll receive an annual bonus (which is quite alot when exchanged) and at the moment with the exchange rates looking the way they are, the more money we get, the better, so I'll just have to hope the time goes by quickly.

Regards
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by young_lad
Bloody hell - Good Friday!!!?? :scared:

How on earth have you managed to avoid going crackers?

Lots of maybe?

I haven't
I'm as mad as a March hare
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:30 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't
I'm as mad as a March hare

Sorry that its resorted to this babz........... you know ure welcome here ov at xmas........ what is one more with the size of our family!!!!!

love lisa
xxxx
Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rossi
Well,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rossi

Please confirm this statement made about no flights available before xmas as this is very worrying for us and nodoubt others on this site.

Do you mean with a certain airline, within a certain price range, or that there isn't anything available with any airline?????

Just been looking on web sites for flights and it appears that losts are still available, although I must admit that i haven't phoned anyone to confirm their availability.

Cheers, Nick (Booboo's Hubby).
Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:46 pm
Homesick....

Aqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant futureAqua2778 has a brilliant future

God why are some people so darn nit picky, spending Xmas alone is awful!

Im surprised too that you haven't gone crakers i would of by now.

Well i hope after all this crap they do actually go ahead with it.

Tree review? What the!:scared:

Good Luck and May your xmas turn out to be not to bad. Do you have some friends you could spend it with (i know its not quite the same as family, but at least you wouldn't be alone)
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by booboo

Rossi

Please confirm this statement made about no flights available before xmas as this is very worrying for us and nodoubt others on this site.

Do you mean with a certain airline, within a certain price range, or that there isn't anything available with any airline?????

Just been looking on web sites for flights and it appears that losts are still available, although I must admit that i haven't phoned anyone to confirm their availability.

Cheers, Nick (Booboo's Hubby).

Nick,
try using www.amadeus.net and input the day you want to fly, where from and to, it will come up with ALL available flights across 1st, business and economy.......I'm just too tight to fly anything but cattle class
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:59 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick,
try using www.amadeus.net and input the day you want to fly, where from and to, it will come up with ALL available flights across 1st, business and economy.......I'm just too tight to fly anything but cattle class
Bad news about your house Paul if all goes to plan you may still make a last min flight you could do with some luck. Were still here sunning ourselvs in Thailand it's nice and warm and is v cheap for internet access. Cheers for the offer of some room in your box will pm you soon. Hope things work out for you and Linda. We managed to exchange complete book flights and move out within 8 days including flying here so it can be done.[you just have to leave your tools behind ]
Bye for now
Sean