Xbox Connection

Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice
Default Xbox Connection

Hi wizz kids. Can anybody help my son set up his xbox on the internet. The xbox will find the modem and he has entered the WPA passcode but it will not connect.

Is this because we brought the xbox with us from the UK? and he has a UK xbox account?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xbox Connection

Originally Posted by fa kin su pa
Hi wizz kids. Can anybody help my son set up his xbox on the internet. The xbox will find the modem and he has entered the WPA passcode but it will not connect.

Is this because we brought the xbox with us from the UK? and he has a UK xbox account?
xbox360 I am guessing? using wireless since you mention WPA?, have you got a new router or are you using one you brought with you? I would say you need to login to the routers setup and check what passwords have been setup for it and maybe re enter it to make sure its correct
If its a new router plugged into a new adsl line then you will have to go through the setup as well to enable the wireless, assuming it can do wireless.
Theres a few unknowns there
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Can't help with your problem I'm afraid but I brought mine with me from the U.K and it works on Xbox live, just plugged it into the router here.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave99
xbox360 I am guessing? using wireless since you mention WPA?, have you got a new router or are you using one you brought with you? I would say you need to login to the routers setup and check what passwords have been setup for it and maybe re enter it to make sure its correct
If its a new router plugged into a new adsl line then you will have to go through the setup as well to enable the wireless, assuming it can do wireless.
Theres a few unknowns there
Yes Xbox 360 from UK router was brought in OZ (free with my broadband)
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

nickbrissy is an unknown quantity at this point

go onto xbox dashboard connection adn do connection test.it sounds like the router has blocked the dns so u will just have to forward the ports on the router. www.portforward.com tells u what to do
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

do a connection test on xbox dashboard sounds like a dns problem if so u will need to port forward on the modem.www.portforward.com
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

alrighty, so if you have wireless on the router you will need to set it up and put in the wireless password you want. There should be some instructions in the box you got with the router. Typically you will go to a webpage with an address like http://10.20.0.1
to access the setup
An easyer way might be to just plug in a ethernet cable from the xbox into the router then you wont have to do any setup.

hope that helps
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

there in your problem lies. your new router will have a different p/w set up; you will have got a passkey with it in the box.

go into your router settings and change the p/w to one you want. you will of course need to enter the new p/w before you can do any changes.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

Agree with everything that most have said here. When we first arrived and got our broadband (Bigpond), I had trouble connecting our laptops to the router. A call to Bigpond Tech guys and the problems was resolved and we were online. Router was good to go. My son has an Xbox and his Live account ws originally bought in the UK. When it was his turn to go online, he fired it up and entered the WPA key. Hey presto.....online.

Your problem seems to point to the router not being set up for you to access the internet. Call you ISP tech guys if your struggling. They'll sort you out.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brucekaren
Agree with everything that most have said here. When we first arrived and got our broadband (Bigpond), I had trouble connecting our laptops to the router. A call to Bigpond Tech guys and the problems was resolved and we were online. Router was good to go. My son has an Xbox and his Live account ws originally bought in the UK. When it was his turn to go online, he fired it up and entered the WPA key. Hey presto.....online.

Your problem seems to point to the router not being set up for you to access the internet. Call you ISP tech guys if your struggling. They'll sort you out.
someone happy with telstra that will be a first
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickbrissy
someone happy with telstra that will be a first
I went with iinet myself, all xbox content is unmetered with them so you can download as much content or demos as you like without it counting on your monthly limit, most excellent
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

im with exetel 36 gb peak 60 off plus voip 75 a month. cheap calls to uk too.