British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Xbox 2 ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/xbox-2-a-335220/)

cam_uk Nov 3rd 2005 10:59 am

Xbox 2 ...

I'm thinking about pre-ordering an xbox 2 and getting it shipped out to australia as they dont come out in australia till next spring (i believe)

Has anyone tried this via amazon ...

ozzieeagle Nov 3rd 2005 11:06 am

Re: Xbox 2 ...

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I'm thinking about pre-ordering an xbox 2 and getting it shipped out to australia as they dont come out in australia till next spring (i believe)

It's xbox 360, that doesn't come out until Jan next year, same as the xbox 360, that isn't coming out in the UK until Dec 4th.

Anyone know if it can play avi files ?

cam_uk Nov 3rd 2005 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's xbox 360, that doesn't come out until Jan next year, same as the xbox 360, that isn't coming out in the UK until Dec 4th.

Anyone know if it can play avi files ?

yeah i know .. what i mean is i'm leaving for aus on the 29th of nov, so was thinking about ordering one and paying the shipping via amazon ..

But if the release date for aus is jan .. i can wait but didn't fancy waiting till next spring

arkon Nov 3rd 2005 11:49 am

I'd go carefull and make sure an imported on will work out here, My uk dvd player didn't and it wasn't a region coding problem but something to do with the sound and picture frequency. Although saying that my UK PS2 did work fine, oh but my dreamcast didn't.

cam_uk Nov 3rd 2005 11:50 am

Originally Posted by arkon
I'd go carefull and make sure an imported on will work out here, My uk dvd player didn't and it wasn't a region coding problem but something to do with the sound and picture frequency. Although saying that my UK PS2 did work fine, oh but my dreamcast didn't.

i'm gonna hang on .. i thought they weren't out in aus until next spring ...

ozzieeagle Nov 3rd 2005 8:22 pm

i'm gonna hang on .. i thought they weren't out in aus until next spring ...

I thought it was January, will try and get the official release date for you ;)

tracey.d Nov 3rd 2005 8:57 pm

I would imagine that the 360 would work in Australia as their games are the same format as ours. My son has an Xbox and we bought a couple of games in Australia last year which worked fine. However,on our return we went to the States, we were going to buy The Sims there but apparently they arent compatible. I should think that the 360 will be the same.

But, if its going to be out in January you may as well wait, unless its for a christmas present. Besides, they will probably be hard to get. I have only just managed to get my son a PSP after trying several places.

Tracey

ozzieeagle Nov 4th 2005 1:27 am

Got 8 pages on the pro's and con, of xbox360 v PS3 on the following BBS ;)

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.ph...5&pagenumber=1

arkon Nov 4th 2005 4:50 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I would imagine that the 360 would work in Australia as their games are the same format as ours. My son has an Xbox and we bought a couple of games in Australia last year which worked fine. However,on our return we went to the States, we were going to buy The Sims there but apparently they arent compatible. I should think that the 360 will be the same.

But, if its going to be out in January you may as well wait, unless its for a christmas present. Besides, they will probably be hard to get. I have only just managed to get my son a PSP after trying several places.

Tracey

I don't doubt the games will work, but I'm not sure if the unit will be compatable to play back on an aussie tv.

biggy Nov 4th 2005 4:53 am

I don't doubt the games will work, but I'm not sure if the unit will be compatable to play back on an aussie tv.

the best way to get round that is to bring a UK tv with ya too thats what we did lol

spalen Nov 4th 2005 4:57 am

I think the Xboxs come with RGB or Component cables so they will work since the PAL standard is common to UK and Aus (well pretty much anywhere than US).

Connecting using componetn or RGB cables will ensure it workson aussie TVs.

cam_uk Nov 4th 2005 5:09 am

an aussie one i bought out there in 2002 worked back here in the uk so i doubt there will be a problem ..

anyway i'm shipping my 44" 100hrtz TV so when that arrives it will be okay :D (now thats how you should play an xbox ;) )

tracey.d Nov 4th 2005 7:54 am

anyway i'm shipping my 44" 100hrtz TV so when that arrives it will be okay :D (now thats how you should play an xbox ;) )

That sounds like my sons idea of heaven :D

cam_uk Nov 4th 2005 7:58 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
That sounds like my sons idea of heaven :D

i'm a 35 year old kid .. and believe me .. it is heaven ;)

tracey.d Nov 4th 2005 8:02 am

i'm a 35 year old kid .. and believe me .. it is heaven ;)

:D :D :D