Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

X-rays films - SEND

X-rays films - SEND

Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Default X-rays films - SEND

I have just discovered from the letter I received from Dimi requesting medicals that we do in fact have to send xray films.

This can be found in paragraph 7 i.e. "The reports and x-ray films must be forwarded direct to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre ..."

If my letter is different from yours then I do apologise.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Barbara is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe Adelaide request to see the X-rays for some reason while the others don't.

Have you submitted for medicals and police checks yet, if so how long before you find out if you have been accepted?
Old Mar 9th 2003, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Barbara

Adelaide requested our medicals and police checks in mid February (received brown envelope on sat 8/2/03). We got our police checks in motion on the 11th Feb (still waiting, 29 days now) and managed to get xrays and medical appointment on 28th February 2003.

Adelaide have requested that we return all info to them by the 25th March 2003.

On letter requesting medicals I understand it can take up to 3 months until visa is granted but from reading experiences on this forum the average seems to be a month to six weeks.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2003, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Barbara is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for getting back to me, where are you plannng to live when you get your visa?

We are wanting to move out there asap, do you think we should put the house on the market yet?

Does anyone know what the next stage involves, do we have to go to London to get a stamp?

When will Adelaide need proof of assurance?
Old Mar 9th 2003, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We sent medicals back 11th Jan, Police reports 23rd Jan and received letter asking for assurer to post bond dated 4th Feb so pretty quick!
Then we received grant letter dated 4th March only about a week after assurer returned the bond information to Dimia.

Hope that helps.

Not long

SJ
Old Mar 9th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: X-rays films - SEND

Originally posted by PADDAD

I have just discovered from the letter I received from Dimi requesting medicals that we do in fact have to send xray films.

This can be found in paragraph 7 i.e. "The reports and x-ray films must be forwarded direct to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre ..."

If my letter is different from yours then I do apologise.
I also wondered this on the dimia site I noticed they did not require x-ray prints so I mailed agent and got the following reply.

We were sometimes asked by DIMIA Adelaide to provide the x-ray films when they started out but haven't had that problem for six months, so I wouldn't worry about the films; otherwise send the medical forms and police clearances in one envelope.

Terry