x box games

Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default x box games

bit of a daft question but our x box is knackered and were thinking of buying a new one when we get to oz, but will our games be compatable with an x box bought in oz , kids are concerned that their games wont work, or should we buy a new one here before we go, just didnt fancy lugging it around as hand luggage when we go !!

Hazel
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: x box games

Originally Posted by HAZELMARY
bit of a daft question but our x box is knackered and were thinking of buying a new one when we get to oz, but will our games be compatable with an x box bought in oz , kids are concerned that their games wont work, or should we buy a new one here before we go, just didnt fancy lugging it around as hand luggage when we go !!

Hazel
We brought ours over from UK and my friend bought one here in Oz and the british games work ok on it. They have Electronics boutique o ver here and I asked the bloke if Oz games will work on the UK machine and he said "absolutely" although ye tto buy one, but xmas is coming!!! Bring it as it aint cheap over here!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:50 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by MELANIE6
We brought ours over from UK and my friend bought one here in Oz and the british games work ok on it. They have Electronics boutique o ver here and I asked the bloke if Oz games will work on the UK machine and he said "absolutely" although ye tto buy one, but xmas is coming!!! Bring it as it aint cheap over here!
Xbox games bought over here do work

[son bought a game here and used it on his UK Xbox]

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:14 am
Cheeky

Hi there!

Well this is something I hadnt thought about......

But Im sure my family will be relieved to know xbox and games (UK and Oz) are compatible!!!

Thanks for info!
Cheeky

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Xbox games bought over here do work

[son bought a game here and used it on his UK Xbox]

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:49 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi there!

Well this is something I hadnt thought about......

But Im sure my family will be relieved to know xbox and games (UK and Oz) are compatible!!!

Thanks for info!
Cheeky
Ohh...BTW.....his Xbox hasn't been "chipped" if that makes any difference?

Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:03 pm
Cheeky

Hi there,

Thanks for reply!!

Our Xbox hasnt been chipped either, so it should be ok!!

Cheers,
Cheeky

Ohh...BTW.....his Xbox hasn't been "chipped" if that makes any difference?

Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:14 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hi there,

Thanks for reply!!

Cheers,
Cheeky
No probs...one less thing for you to buy/worry about

Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:11 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

No probs...one less thing for you to buy/worry about
How about my PS2? Someone on another forum told me it wouldn't play games bought in Aus.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 9:21 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by worzel
How about my PS2? Someone on another forum told me it wouldn't play games bought in Aus.

Sorry Worzel.....can't help answer this one I'm afraid m8 [ my son left his PS2 in UK].

Maybe someone else on here can help you? [I'll bump the thread up and keep fingers crossed ]

Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Intershmet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks,

Can you just clarify something for me - the UK Xboxes you're using in Aus, are you plugging them straight into Aussie TVs?? If so, were all the connectors compatible (I know the electric plugs will need adaptors)?

Cheers,
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:59 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Intershmet
Hey folks,

Can you just clarify something for me - the UK Xboxes you're using in Aus, are you plugging them straight into Aussie TVs?? If so, were all the connectors compatible (I know the electric plugs will need adaptors)?

Cheers,

i was about to say yeah they work fine, my xbox runs a treat on my tele,.... then remembered i brought the tv too!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:11 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scutterUK
i was about to say yeah they work fine, my xbox runs a treat on my tele,.... then remembered i brought the tv too!
Australia uses the PAL system so all UK consoles should work.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:11 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Erm, well ours might have been There's a company in Brisbane that does it & will add harddrive etc to your requirements. They also give you some stupid amount (and I'm talking a 100+) arcade games on it into the deal.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

My son brought his PS2 from UK. We bought new tv in Oz and the PS2 plugged straight in and works with all his UK games (have not bought any Oz games yet, so don't know if they will work).

Mel
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:38 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

If you plug the xbox into the TV using Scart or S-Video or component cables you'll be fine

- if you use the standard old 'aerial' cable you might have an issue because the UK ones will be using Pal for UK the Aus ones will use Pal for Aus. They are different. Worst case is you get picture but no sound in Aus - and would probably just have to go buy a aussie xbox->Aerial lead from aussie sohp whihc would have the gubbins in it to make it Pal for aus.

Or Xboxs might have a setting inside them to swithc from Pal I to Pal G or whatever it is - I dontown one (yet!) so cant comment on that bit. sorry.