Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

www.millionpawswalk.com.au - 15 May, everywhere in Aus

www.millionpawswalk.com.au - 15 May, everywhere in Aus

Old May 11th 2005, 1:39 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default www.millionpawswalk.com.au - 15 May, everywhere in Aus

www.millionpawswalk.com.au
RSPCA

15 May (Sunday).

As far as I can tell, all over Australia, and not only the capital cities.

Click on Locations(on the right side of the bar) Then choose a state.

In Perth it's at South Perth foreshore.
Registrations start from 8 am (I have to be there at 7am :scared: ), and walk starts at 10 am. Official closing is at 1pm.

It's not only a walk, there's demonstrations, displays, a bouncy castle, some food stalls etc.

In 2004 there were 60 walks around the country and every state and territory of Australia participated, with around 30,000 people and 25,000 animals taking part.

Hope it doesn't rain(also for the King's Park meet, which I might try and make afterwards), but it is predicted, and they're usually pretty right

Was going away with Pascal's work first, and luckily that has been postponed, because I did sign up to help out at rspca events, and there's only about 3 a year(big ones), would've been stupid to miss out helping!

So, who's got dogs.... Christina!!! Jill!!!!! Walla1!!!!! uhmmmmmm...?
Old May 11th 2005, 1:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: www.millionpawswalk.com.au - 15 May, everywhere in Aus

So, who's got dogs.?
Don't like dogs
Old May 11th 2005, 1:44 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't like dogs
hmm, they might let you in.

In WA they had a sheep once. Was brought up like a dog.
Won 'most unusual pet' prize.

(see the history bit on the website, very funny/interesting!!)

Old May 11th 2005, 1:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmm..... I shall have. to practice woofing .
Old May 12th 2005, 3:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Bump for a good cause!
Old May 12th 2005, 3:34 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
Bump for a good cause!
I haven't got a dog but was gonna try and take the cat or the in laws pet sheep along but there isn't one in Geraldton

Never mind

Kala
Old May 12th 2005, 3:58 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I haven't got a dog but was gonna try and take the cat or the in laws pet sheep along but there isn't one in Geraldton

Never mind

Kala
Typical! They're in all other big towns!

I think I saw that there was one in Dongara? How far is that from you?
Old May 12th 2005, 4:18 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
Typical! They're in all other big towns!

I think I saw that there was one in Dongara? How far is that from you?
Dongara is about an hour south of here (really tiny town so i'm not sure why it is there and not here).

My cat would piss all over my car if i tried to to take him that far and the inlaws live 40 mins north of town so a bit too far to take the sheep

Kala
Old May 12th 2005, 4:50 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Dongara is about an hour south of here (really tiny town so i'm not sure why it is there and not here).

My cat would piss all over my car if i tried to to take him that far and the inlaws live 40 mins north of town so a bit too far to take the sheep

Kala
lol!

Yeah, it's wierd they don't have it in Geraldton...
Hmm, didn't realise Dongara was an hour!
Old May 12th 2005, 5:05 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

My poor dog had to be put to sleep on monday

I left him with my mum when I moved to Australia as he was too old to travel back then. He would have been about fifteen in April. He just had really bad arthritis in his legs and couldn't walk too well. In the last few weeks he would keep falling over and end up being sick as he worked himself up to a state of shock.

He had a good life though - from what my sister told me he was spoilt rotten by my mum after I left for australia. He was a good companion and a good friend
Old May 12th 2005, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by NJJ
My poor dog had to be put to sleep on monday

I left him with my mum when I moved to Australia as he was too old to travel back then. He would have been about fifteen in April. He just had really bad arthritis in his legs and couldn't walk too well. In the last few weeks he would keep falling over and end up being sick as he worked himself up to a state of shock.

He had a good life though - from what my sister told me he was spoilt rotten by my mum after I left for australia. He was a good companion and a good friend
Poor you, you must be heart broken. I'm not looking forward to my cats going to kitty heaven, but they're all young so hopefully they've got years ahead.
Old May 14th 2005, 6:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Hope the weather forecast is better for other cities than it is in Perth :scared: