Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

www.homesaleconveyancing.co.uk

www.homesaleconveyancing.co.uk

Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Talking www.homesaleconveyancing.co.uk

Hi
Now that we have had an offer we need to get a solicitor. Has anyone heard of www.homesaleconveyancing.co.uk?

They have quoted 700 GBP for everything inc. VAT

Is this ok?

Debs
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Enzo&Chloe is an unknown quantity at this point

I always use

http://www.vwl.co.uk/services/conveydirect2.html
Old Nov 19th 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: www.homesaleconveyancing.co.uk

Hi Debs,

We are using Complete Conveyancing at Roberts Moore Nicholas Jones Solicitors on 0845 60 66 805. I found them through www.reallymoving.com Their fee is £325 for the sale only conveyancing (ie. we are not purchasing, only selling). You only pay £10 up front and the rest on completion.

HTH
Hazel.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:42 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We are just using a local solicitor for our conveyancing and they are charging us aboutish £500 ... plus whatever they decide is extra. I choose them because they do lots of local conveyancing and know the area, search wise etc and it was easy for me to nip in and pressurise them if needs be, although dont know whether the last bit I just mentioned is working as have not had much joy getting them to talk to me recently
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our local solicitor has also quoted £500 plus vat for sale only. We thought this was steep, £700 sounds a lot if they are only dealing with the sale?

mcmercer
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks everyone. Yes, 700 is a bit steep - I think that they are taking the P out of us!

Will try to sort something else out.

Debs