WTF?

Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Question WTF?

just had a letter from DIMA saying we have to provide proof of identity for our citizenship application..................

cant understand as they had our driving licence and all documents which they copied when we went up for ours tests?!

Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF?

Originally Posted by bridie
just had a letter from DIMA saying we have to provide proof of identity for our citizenship application..................

cant understand as they had our driving licence and all documents which they copied when we went up for ours tests?!

I know. I got a phone call asking for the same - form 1295 I think. So what was all that copying/photgraphing/questioning before the test for then?

Bizarre.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: WTF?

Yes, that is the one.............

I am going to phone them tomorrow and ask but no doubt we'll have to have the hassle of getting it all done, and within 7 days... do they not realise people work for a living?!

It's only luck that one of our friends knows a copper who we've met a few times otherwise we'd be buggered to find someone to sign it!!

So frustrating, I thought we were done and dusted with it all.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:35 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridie
Yes, that is the one.............

I am going to phone them tomorrow and ask but no doubt we'll have to have the hassle of getting it all done, and within 7 days... do they not realise people work for a living?!

It's only luck that one of our friends knows a copper who we've met a few times otherwise we'd be buggered to find someone to sign it!!

So frustrating, I thought we were done and dusted with it all.

We recently took some documents to a JP to witness our signatures on he never even asked us for any id so we could have been anybody signing them.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simba
We recently took some documents to a JP to witness our signatures on he never even asked us for any id so we could have been anybody signing them.
This isnt witnessing a signature though, it's signing a photo to say they've known you for at least 12 months.....

I am just a bit confused as to why they took our photo when we went for our test if it wasnt for proof of identity.....
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Rang the office today... they obviously just have a script to read from!!

I explained how we'd taken all our documents including our passports and our WA driving licence with our photo, name and address on it so I couldnt understand why we now needed to get proof of identity and all she could say was "sometimes we need further proof"

FFS why isnt an AUSTRALIAN driving licence, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate and rates bill confirming our address enough?

And WTF was that photo taken for?!

Should have known we'd have another hoop to jump through.....

Rant over

Last edited by bridie; Oct 25th 2007 at 1:19 am.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Bridie didn't you have to take in with you a form proving your identity with a photo attached? That is what we had to do as we applied online as they needed something for their records with an endorsed passport photo. The other documents are to back up that photo and prove who you say you are.

As I said to you before it could only happen to you though
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snappy
Bridie didn't you have to take in with you a form proving your identity with a photo attached? That is what we had to do as we applied online as they needed something for their records with an endorsed passport photo. The other documents are to back up that photo and prove who you say you are.

As I said to you before it could only happen to you though
The list of items required runs over from one to two pages we completely missed the bit where it said we needed to download the form 1295 & have them witnessed. We just shot home downloaded them & rang the postie who is also our local councilor, she was delivering in the next street so filled out her part there & then.
Easy mistake to make if your rushing through the paperwork.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:04 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

tsk tsk tsk Some people have forgotten the whole visa application process :-)

sign this sign that sign everything and then get to do it all over again...
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by seang
tsk tsk tsk Some people have forgotten the whole visa application process :-)

sign this sign that sign everything and then get to do it all over again...
I know, I should have known nothing is ever that easy with immigration!

Snappy: no, but we provided them with photo ID and they even took their own photo so we took it that it was all done. But then that goes back to my sentence above...!!