Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wrong type of borth certificate?

wrong type of borth certificate?

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wrong type of borth certificate?

We just got a letter from our migration agent asking for a copy of my husbands birth certificate with his mother and fathers name on is. The only problem is that we already sent a copy of the birth certificate that he has been using for years (for his passport etc ) which doesn't have their names on. We are a bit puzzled, as it is possible that this is a hospital record or something, even though it says 'certificate of birth' at the top.

Has anyone used other forms of identification (like it says on the form) such as passport or government documents? We are in the US so getting another copy of his birth certificate would be very difficult. Having a bit of a panic that this will hold up our applucation...

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Default Sorry - birth certificate

Just noticed my typo - and sorry this may be more appropriate in the immigration forum...
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:49 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

There is a short and long version of your birth certificate and the long one has your parents names on. I think you can go online and request one from the registry office and its not a lot of money
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:51 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

They'll be after the long form version of the birth certificate about A4 size, not the little square one youhave. Copies are easily available, have a look here:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/registr...l_register.asp
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:55 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.col.statistics.gov.uk/

You want the full birth certificate rather than the abbreviated certificate. You are not the first and will not be the last to miss this small detail.

An Jayr beat me to it.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jayr
They'll be after the long form version of the birth certificate about A4 size, not the little square one youhave. Copies are easily available, have a look here:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/registr...l_register.asp
Thanks! I love this site...you get a bit worried about something .. post... and 3 seconds later ... all sorted out!