Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WOW 2 years Yesterday..

WOW 2 years Yesterday..

Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking WOW 2 years Yesterday..

I can't believe that time has flown so fast...

It has been a roller - coaster 2 years with the lows being very low but luckily it looks like things are staying on a high.
We are now very settled and I have to say a big thanks to some of the oldies on here that have helped us along the way. Especially to Hev's who helped during the big lows.
I said that I would give things 2 years then decide if it will be for us.
I am now ready to start cementing life in Melbourne and building a great future for the family. I am now lucky enough to have the lifestyle, friends and home that we have been in search of. All I need now is a to celebrate. Guess I will have to make that meet hey
Again thanks to all and good luck to all of you who are also on the roller coaster.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future
Default Re: WOW 2 years Yesterday..

Originally Posted by woodyinoz

It has been a roller - coaster 2 years with the lows being very low but luckily it looks like things are staying on a high.
We are now very settled and I have to say a big thanks to some of the oldies on here that have helped us along the way. Especially to Hev's who helped during the big lows.
I am now ready to start cementing life in Melbourne and building a great future for the family. I am now lucky enough to have the lifestyle, friends and home that we have been in search of. All I need now is a to celebrate. Guess I will have to make that meet hey
Again thanks to all and good luck to all of you who are also on the roller coaster.

Congratulations Coming up for my 2nd year in October and i know all about the roller coaster All the best for the future
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:38 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=woodyinoz]I can't believe that time has flown so fast...

[QUOTE]

Bloody hell. Its flown by hasnt it. We've done the usual bit at staying in touch . I think its about time we had a few . I suppose you'll be wanting the chess rematch?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=HUP][QUOTE=woodyinoz]I can't believe that time has flown so fast...

Bloody hell. Its flown by hasnt it. We've done the usual bit at staying in touch . I think its about time we had a few . I suppose you'll be wanting the chess rematch?
Might have to ask Machaela for a few tips first
sounds great but not the local hey :scared:
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:46 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

sounds great but not the local hey :scared:
Not if the band is playing . The beer and food was good mind
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:08 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Woody & Dev, the first two years can be pretty rocky until you get settled, are you going for citizenship now?

You could become Dame of the Dandenongs now.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

"

Are there any lows you can share with us so that we could avoid them ourselves ?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bordy
Congrats Woody & Dev, the first two years can be pretty rocky until you get settled, are you going for citizenship now?

You could become Dame of the Dandenongs now.
Yep going for the citizenship! I will have to start learning the anthem now and stop mumbling it

Dame of the Danndies. Has quite a ring to it hey
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
"

Are there any lows you can share with us so that we could avoid them ourselves ?
Yehh leave the hubby and kids at home

fraid things have been a bit private but all I can say is that although family seems so far away at a time of a crisis their support can seem as if they are just next door.
As for some advise. Homesickness can hit at any time. Never suffer in silence we all know what its like. Don't let the few posters on here put you off posting if things are getting you down. It can't be a bed of roses the whole time. And if things seem very bad meet up with the poms and
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Nice to hear you are settled in Thanks for the advice, its always good to hear how other people feel & manage to deal with things!!

We are just at the beginning of that bit.......Will be in Melbourne in 20days

Roni
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:22 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay - 2 years.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

and if things seem very bad meet up with the poms and
Yeah, times must have been bad hey

Time flys by, we are nearly at the 2 year mark 2, its scary :scared:

Beers round yours then

Last edited by hevs; Aug 31st 2005 at 1:08 pm.