Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery ?
No, I would give up all plans about OZ/NZ
4.60%
No, I would stay in the UK but have more holidays to OZ/NZ
4.60%
Yes, but I would only stay there for long enough to get PR / Citizenship
9.20%
Yes, I wouldn't change my plans at all
81.61%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:54 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you still emigrate if you won the Lottery

Originally posted by Grayling
I suppose I could be considered One of the migrants OzTennis describes.
Money will make no difference to me as I already have enough.
If anything I have more to lose than gain by migrating.I like the idea of a change though.

G
I am in the same position. Except I have'nt quite got enough.

Give a couple hundred grand more and call me Kiwi Jack

Give me more and call me what you want
Old Feb 20th 2004, 4:57 am
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
I am in the same position. Except I have'nt quite got enough.

Give a couple hundred grand more and call me Kiwi Jack

Give me more and call me what you want
is there good money in doing blue rinses and foot massages then jack?

Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:02 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
is there good money in doing blue rinses and foot massages then jack?

For good money I will massage anything

Well almost
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hell yes, our reasons for going are not money related anyway.
The wife has a warrant outstanding for a bank job last year and i owe money to 12 loan sharks.
The kids are about to be expelled for growing cannabis in the school greenhouse and the cats are constantly stoned.

On a more serious note, we need all the money we can get right now so if we did win the BIG one then it would purely ease our move.

Paul
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:09 am
Banned

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
Hell yes, our reasons for going are not money related anyway.
The wife has a warrant outstanding for a bank job last year and i owe money to 12 loan sharks.
The kids are about to be expelled for growing cannabis in the school greenhouse and the cats are constantly stoned.

On a more serious note, we need all the money we can get right now so if we did win the BIG one then it would purely ease our move.

Paul
Outa Stella, giz a spliff

No seriously, drugs are bad and you shouldnt encourage people to take them
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:16 am
Go Banana's !!

Yes yes and double yes.

Just means the house would be that touch bigger and the boat ENORMOUS !!!!

Jill and Warren

No doubts - Perth 2004

Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Yep,

Just be Bigger house

Bigger Boat

And loads of boys toys in the SUN.

But then i'm as shallow as a puddle!!! So her indoors says!!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by Sydney The Dog
But then i'm as shallow as a puddle!!! So her indoors says!!
No, she meant you arent house trained

You will get a bigger kennal and a new shiny bowl. Oh and maybe a few treats if you are a good boy

Now sit, shake a paw
Old Feb 20th 2004, 5:33 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

gawd dang it Id be off like a shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how lovely to be able to drift around until visa came through, then buy a nice big house and live comfortably.
And before I get jumped on by the 'money doesnt buy happiness/theres more to life' brigade, I know me and what will make me happy. so there.
the euro lottery tonight is a 10 million rollover....................erm, anyone know where I find the results????

sue
see title under username if still unclear.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

If it was only about money we wouldn't be going to OZ so, YEP, we would still go.

Winning the lolly would change our plans though as the confines and restrictions of location to work would be gone.

No doubt we would pay other countries a visit and flit to NZ a lot but OZ would be the base.

Got to buy an extra ticket tomorrow!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:21 am
Banned

Originally posted by Bix
If it was only about money we wouldn't be going to OZ so, YEP, we would still go.

Winning the lolly would change our plans though as the confines and restrictions of location to work would be gone.

No doubt we would pay other countries a visit and flit to NZ a lot but OZ would be the base.

Got to buy an extra ticket tomorrow!
Where in Cornishville are you Bix?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

Yep, just to more places and live a more nomadic life.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:26 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really going to stick my neck on the block here but what the heck!!

I'm one of the few who've said that I wouldn't go if we won millions on the lottery...reasons are;

1. That sort of money would enable us to stop working all the hours Gods sends to make ends meet therefore enabling us to have a better quality of family life and that's the main reason for us going to Oz.

2. We could live in a beautiful part of England, and there are still plenty of those around, and have a huuuuuuuuge house and a pool...okay an indoor one but hey!

3. Our children would be educated privately therefore giving them a better chance in the future at a decent career.

4. Our children would be part of a larger extended family as grandparents and uncles etc would still be close by and not 12,000 miles away.

5, we would be able to travel the world therefore widening ours and our kids viewpoints. We would experience the other cultures that the world has to offer.

As I said in reason 1, the whole point in our lot going to Oz is for a better family life. One where hubby spends more than a hour a day with the kids, if he's lucky. In Oz, we will be able to do that as we will be mortgage free so hubby won't be slogging his guts out as he does here.

And also, equally importantly, the lottery win would mean we would never have to say 'goodbye' to anyone.

So, that's me....neck on block...enter all ye who want to have a dig at me for not being committed enough.......
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

oh, yes, we'd definately still go, for us it isn't about money, we are moving to Australia for a better quality of life, more money would help, it wouldn't make us happier just give us better choices,
we would also buy a house in Antigua with any money left over!
nice poll
kind regards
rach & family x
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by TraceyW
I'm really going to stick my neck on the block here but what the heck!!

I'm one of the few who've said that I wouldn't go if we won millions on the lottery...reasons are;

1. That sort of money would enable us to stop working all the hours Gods sends to make ends meet therefore enabling us to have a better quality of family life and that's the main reason for us going to Oz.

2. We could live in a beautiful part of England, and there are still plenty of those around, and have a huuuuuuuuge house and a pool...okay an indoor one but hey!

3. Our children would be educated privately therefore giving them a better chance in the future at a decent career.

4. Our children would be part of a larger extended family as grandparents and uncles etc would still be close by and not 12,000 miles away.

5, we would be able to travel the world therefore widening ours and our kids viewpoints. We would experience the other cultures that the world has to offer.

As I said in reason 1, the whole point in our lot going to Oz is for a better family life. One where hubby spends more than a hour a day with the kids, if he's lucky. In Oz, we will be able to do that as we will be mortgage free so hubby won't be slogging his guts out as he does here.

And also, equally importantly, the lottery win would mean we would never have to say 'goodbye' to anyone.

So, that's me....neck on block...enter all ye who want to have a dig at me for not being committed enough.......

These are the reason we arent going to NZ now. We dont have millions, but once we have down sized our propery we will have plenty of disposable income to do NZ/OZ/Europe at least 3 or 4 times a year.

Can you not do the same?

Sorry I dont mean to sound negative, but have you thought of this option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.