4.92%
stick your visa up your ****
22.95%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

would you ring ??????

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:43 am
WBB

Default would you ring ??????

i am toying with the idea of phoning aussie house in london tomorrow to see what is happening with my application, i know they say it can take up to 4 months but i have not heard anything from them and i am getting a little concerned.

would you phone them or leave it another week or two?

my application was sent off on november 24 last year and i sent off some extra info on january 6th.

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:53 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: would you ring ??????

Jesus mate .... ours took nearly 2 years to come through !!
Have some patience................
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by WBB
i am toying with the idea of phoning aussie house in london tomorrow to see what is happening with my application, i know they say it can take up to 4 months but i have not heard anything from them and i am getting a little concerned.

my application was sent off on november 24 last year and i sent off some extra info on january 6th.
I'd try dropping them an email first - I did this recently and was surprised to have them ring me back - gotta be worth a try, my thought was that it allows them the time to read it at thier convenience and it will hopefully remain on thier in box as a wee reminder - the phone call could be easily forgoten after a few pints at lunch time.

Regard

Scot

Last edited by scotvness; Feb 3rd 2004 at 11:57 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya WBB,

I'd ring.....but i am extremely impatient. Will have to keep that in check wont I??!
Go on...i'm getting increasingly impatient for you here!!
Kris x
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 11:58 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Ring 'em - can't do any harm and it might just out us all out of our misery!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pollster
Ring 'em - can't do any harm and it might just out us all out of our misery!
Ring them,if you dont try u dont know!!!!!!id of rung ages ago but then again i have nooooo patience!!!I rung dimmia last week with a Query and i got a letter this morning with all the stuff i needed! If they didnt want people ringing surely they wouldnt give out there number??
tasha
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:20 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

personally I'd leave it at least another week, that way its over a month since you sent off your extra information. Plus I'd probably use the excuse of checking that they had recieved the extra information rather than actually asking whats happening with the visa, but then Chris always says I'm not forceful enough so what do I know

Mairi
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:41 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

You ring em and piss them off you might magicaly go to the bottom of the pile! Dodgy call:scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mitchells is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with paulf, on a recent trip to OZ at Christmas we were talking to someone that actually got told by Aussie house, not to ring for a year or they would be put to the bottom of the pile.

All depends on the mood of the person taking the call at the time I suppose.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:32 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Use the same excuse as i did. Tell you're just phoning up to see if they received the last piece of information that you sent, as they don't send out acknoledgements. That's what I did and I found out that I has a case officer and that they would be asking for our medicals! You don't know 'till you ask!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:44 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Mitchells
I have to agree with paulf, on a recent trip to OZ at Christmas we were talking to someone that actually got told by Aussie house, not to ring for a year or they would be put to the bottom of the pile.

All depends on the mood of the person taking the call at the time I suppose.
sorry, i should of explained i am applying for a spouse visa, they have been known to process them in under a week.

they do say they can take up to 4 months at the longest but i have never heard of anyone waiting that long, even anthonykirby had his by now.

i front loaded with meds and police checks so that should not be an issue.

maybe bondi was right about the staple

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by WBB

They've probably spent the £200 in £20's you put in with the application, so it may be wise to call and ask if they need any more to oil the wheels so to speak....

You did put the £200 in the envelope didn't you ??? Geeezz !!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:08 pm
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB

I'd definitely wait another week. Patience is a virtue!
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:16 pm
Stacey Jones

Originally posted by WBB

There must be well over 50% of people on this forum that are waitng for their visa's but we dont all set up polls! Be patient!!

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:23 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

aussies are never backwards in coming forward.... you're not in rome yet, but do as they do anyway.

If they're pathetic enough to put your application at the bottom of the pile, do you really want to go to a country like that?

by the way, I voted for the last option although I am slowly beginning to care maybe a teensy bit about your visa.

I'm even posting about it - so I must be vaguely interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.