Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you go to bali now?

Would you go to bali now?

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future
Default Would you go to bali now?

Bali ain't looking so attractive anymore. I know we shouldn't let the terrorists win, but I'd say that more terrorist attacks are on the cards:

http://indcoup.blogspot.com/

Even so, I guess the risks are greater of being killed in a road accident than by a terrorist bomb. There's not much we can do, and we can't stay in bed all day...
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you go to bali now?

Originally Posted by darwinlad
Bali ain't looking so attractive anymore. I know we shouldn't let the terrorists win, but I'd say that more terrorist attacks are on the cards:

Even so, I guess the risks are greater of being killed in a road accident than by a terrorist bomb. There's not much we can do, and we can't stay in bed all day...
It has never appealed before, not going to change now. Far more other places in that neck of the woods I would prefer to go to.

It's a real shame. They will desperately need the tourism money and support Did go to NY a couple of months after 9/11 to show support but Bali has never rocked my boat.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I would still go, but would probably have a better look at other options first. Japan isnt too far from here, so maybe that is worth a visit
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I would still go, just like I would still go on the London Underground or go to New York etc.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:09 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Never appealed.

As an aside, does everyone think the original Bali bombers received justified sentances?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future

As an aside, does everyone think the original Bali bombers received justified sentances?[/QUOTE]

No. Some of them got only 10 years. And this for killing 200 people.
This compares to 20 years for Corby who never killed anyone.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:04 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Bali is a great place, so relaxing !
But the town where the bombs were isn't very nice.
I would go back but to the other parts of the island any way.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

To most Poms in the Uk, Bali is a sensational place to visit, exotic and expensive.

Thats also true in Oz, but to Aussies its like a trip to the Isle of White !!!

With the troubles going on, I wouldnt hesitate in NOT going.

I am deeply saddened once again by the twats that bomb, and mame and kill innocent ppl. !!!

Its despicable

Steve
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Aye..and that's the point I'm making.

Bombing by despots can happen anywhere in the world, it shouldn't stop anyone going on holiday. However until such time the Bali law-lords hand out justifiable sentences and are not *seen* to support these despot causes, then they don't get my holiday vote I'm afraid.

The Bali government and it's law-lords MUST be seen to take these bombings seriously and award sentences accordingly. It may not stop the bombings but it demonstrates to the world there is a respect for the innocent victims, Balinese and visitors alike.

They need to respect the innocent....... otherwise the Bali economy will ultimately suffer

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Oct 4th 2005 at 10:04 am.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:00 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Aye..and that's the point I'm making.

Bombing by despots can happen anywhere in the world, it shouldn't stop anyone going on holiday. However until such time the Bali law-lords hand out justifiable sentences and are not *seen* to support these despot causes, then they don't get my holiday vote I'm afraid.

The Bali government and it's law-lords MUST be seen to take these bombings seriously and award sentences accordingly. It may not stop the bombings but it demonstrates to the world there is a respect for the innocent victims, Balinese and visitors alike.

They need to respect the innocent....... otherwise the Bali economy will ultimately suffer[/QUOTE]

I agree

a worldwide veto on tourism to Bali, would undoubtedly cripple their economy.

Perhaps then they would take effect and make efforts to fit crime to punishment

I think, purposefully hurting someone is a most hienous crime, and should be punishable to the max.

Albeit im not a drug user, i think the sentences imposed on these criminals is stupid in comparison.

Good points and thought provoking

Thanks Steve
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:26 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

On tv today a reporter said she asked a lot of locals in Bali, what they thought of the actual bombers, not one had a bad word against them.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

The difference between a road accident and a suicide bomber is with an accident you have a certain degree of control, but with a bomber he has all the control.

Mark
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

tonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to alltonychef is a name known to all

I have just got back from bali and was sat in the bar an hour before it was blown up in kuta (which is a nice place).
I would go back to bali tommorrow as it such a fantastic place and never have i met people like the balienese if the rest of the world were like them it would be a better place to live.
It was my second visit in a year, london got bombed and no one said stay away so why stay away from bali
Londons economy will not suffer unlike bali.
In the uk we probably have more terrorists hiding here than anywhere else and we are considered safe !!!!!!!!!! Think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wildmark
The difference between a road accident and a suicide bomber is with an accident you have a certain degree of control, but with a bomber he has all the control.

Mark
Spot on!

And one is an *accident*, whereas the other is by design
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonychef
I have just got back from bali and was sat in the bar an hour before it was blown up in kuta (which is a nice place).
I would go back to bali tommorrow as it such a fantastic place and never have i met people like the balienese if the rest of the world were like them it would be a better place to live.
It was my second visit in a year, london got bombed and no one said stay away so why stay away from bali
Londons economy will not suffer unlike bali.
In the uk we probably have more terrorists hiding here than anywhere else and we are considered safe !!!!!!!!!! Think about it !!!!!!!!!!!!1
The reason why some people are reluctant to go to Bali is because the sentences passed to the Bali bombers is laughable, indeed an insult to those who lost a loved one.

At least in UK there is a likelihood that anyone found bombing innocent people will be dealt with accordingly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.