Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen

View Poll Results: Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen
Yes
46.97%
No
53.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen

Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by sassenach
keep your shirt on i am only stating a fact ,you wont be able to go through the brit section with an aussie passport ,just trying to do you a favour and save you the time lineing up for the inevitable grilling
Sorry.....luckily I have no desire or reason to go back to the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:27 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen

Actually, this Mike Stanton individual has a point. With UK citizenship, you can move to Lithuania and you can enter Ukraine visa-free.

Which will be good as they're probably the last two places in Europe that aren't turning into the United European Emirates.

Plus, Ukraine arguably has the sexiest white women in the world and that must count for something.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:33 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I think that's a moot point as ceasing to exist means that you no longer have claim to any nationality.
<master of the obvious>Yes, but I'd die an Australian now, wouldn't I?</master of the obvious>
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

As the actress Maggie Smith was quoted as saying "I'd sooner drink ink"

Seriously though who would want to give up not just their British Passport but their European on too. I think those who hold ECC passports are very lucky folk and if you hold an Ozy one too you are even luckier.

Originally Posted by pomref
Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen.

This question came up were i worked today I was asked this by my Australian colleagues.

With the way governments change legislation and if a bill was passed back in the UK as so many citizens now go overseas and the government is defiantly working this out.

how many Ex pats I'm thinking would renounce being an Australian?

My answer to my Australian colleagues was Id never give up being British.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 12:47 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter
<master of the obvious>Yes, but I'd die an Australian now, wouldn't I?</master of the obvious>
Interesting markup? What's its purpose?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:23 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Interesting markup? What's its purpose?
Nested <div> tag.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Maybe because said country is also home to braindead asinine whinge-bags with their heads stuck up their arses.
As a rodent with a fondness for rear-ends, you appear to get easily confused. The sandbox is at the arse-end of the planet, where you can join like-minded go-ahead types and reinvent the 1950s.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:31 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
As a rodent with a fondness for rear-ends, you appear to get easily confused. The sandbox is at the arse-end of the planet, where you can join like-minded go-ahead types and reinvent the 1950s.
In all fairness....
Attached Thumbnails Would you give up being an British Citizen to become Australian Citizen-donotfeedtroll.png  
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:37 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Actually, to reply in kind.....(as geeky as it gets.....**SNORT**)....

bool intrinsicallyAustralian = YNationalIdentity::getIdentity() == String("British") ? false : true;
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Senility seems to be kicking in early. A 'a rodent with a fondness for rear-ends' - I'm not acquainted with such deviant practices, but since you seem to be so familiar with them - don't let us keep you.

Oh and Mike ... better a sandbox, than a sewer.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough

I would not have an issue with losing British citizeanship but only with losing European Citizeanship. However, if forced to choose between Australia or Europe I would have to choose Australia.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 6:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You mispelled "Islamic Caliphates", which is what your weak and liberal Eurabia is turning into.

Enjoy being a foreigner in your own country mate.
Edit: can't really be arsed.

G

Last edited by Grayling; Apr 28th 2006 at 7:50 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

Of course I would.

Just one precondition.

A bullet in the head.

What caliber do you need?
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:44 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
.22 to match his IQ ...
Old Apr 28th 2006, 7:50 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by khoardiroy
Save actually firing the bullet (to keep costs down) and simply hammer it into his skull....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.