Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you fly Malaysian Airlines?

Would you fly Malaysian Airlines?

Old Jan 14th 2015, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you fly Malaysian Airlines?

I wonder if the same degree of angst is apparent each time getting into a car? That's where of course the real danger lies. Not in the air.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 3:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I wonder if the same degree of angst is apparent each time getting into a car? That's where of course the real danger lies. Not in the air.
I was more concerend anout flying them 15-20 years ago when they had a reputation in the UK airline world for conrer-cutting on fuel supplies, oxygen provision etc. Since that got cleared up years back they ar really no better or worse than any other major airline really.

I'm too much of a fatalist, if my name's on it, it'll get me, till then why worry, can't change anything.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I was more concerend anout flying them 15-20 years ago when they had a reputation in the UK airline world for conrer-cutting on fuel supplies, oxygen provision etc. Since that got cleared up years back they ar really no better or worse than any other major airline really.

I'm too much of a fatalist, if my name's on it, it'll get me, till then why worry, can't change anything.

And I'm more concerned about getting on one if you're on it, after just reading your other posts!

I'll be checking with you the next time I fly!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:13 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
IIRC it's 12 times more likely to be involved in a road accident on the way to the airport than to be involved in an aircraft incident.

And I don't know about you, but a fiery death in a plane going down sounds a better finale than wrapped around the rear wheel of a truck in a Ford Mondeo (Holden Commodore if you've gone native).
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
And I'm more concerned about getting on one if you're on it, after just reading your other posts!

I'll be checking with you the next time I fly!
I'm fine in the air...its just on the ground i seem to stir things up
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

Well Malaysia Airlines is booked. 1 Adult, 1 child and 1 infant. Manchester to Adelaide, one 4 hours stop in KL. I'm pretty nervous about it I must admit. Friday night they go. $2990 it cost, next nearest that same weekend was minimum over $4000 and they included overnight stops, or 17 hour stops, or transfers within Australia where my wife would have to get all the bags off and check out and back in again with the next airline. This one we have booked is also a great arrival time for making the continuing 4 horu journey home.

I'll let you know how it goes for them!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeeWillo
Well Malaysia Airlines is booked. 1 Adult, 1 child and 1 infant. Manchester to Adelaide, one 4 hours stop in KL. I'm pretty nervous about it I must admit. Friday night they go. $2990 it cost, next nearest that same weekend was minimum over $4000 and they included overnight stops, or 17 hour stops, or transfers within Australia where my wife would have to get all the bags off and check out and back in again with the next airline. This one we have booked is also a great arrival time for making the continuing 4 horu journey home.

I'm sure they will be fine.She will probably be that occupied with the two little ones to have time to be nervous.Try and not worry and just look forward to them coming to you.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

They'll be fine. Relax and enjoy your savings.

MAS are a great airline, flown them many times.
Russian missile is highly improbable, as for MH370 ok the jury is out but statistically unlikely to be repeated.

I read article recently about those airlines who participate in global safety audit an those who don't (forget the acronym). For those who don't lets include Air Asia - gonna keep flying with them?
Now thats a factoid that would make me think, regardless of price.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

no no and no again
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:14 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
no no and no again
No. Too superstitious.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Got that right in one. I hate flying at the best of times !!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Good price. Great price actually. Nice one.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:01 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - great price, and a 4 hr stop in KLIA is pretty good. There's a Plaza Premium Lounge in the satellite building (a couple of minutes on the tram) where you can get a shower, some food and drink. It's not too expensive, and once you are in food, drink, internet and comfy sitting/napping and newspapers are all free. There's also a massage and spa thing for an extra price.

Plaza Premium Lounge - KLIA

Well worth it in my opinion - If nothing else, it's good to get a refreshing shower and hove somewhere nice to sit while waiting for the transfer.

S
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:26 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Plaza Premium Lounge - KLIA

Well worth it in my opinion - If nothing else, it's good to get a refreshing shower and hove somewhere nice to sit while waiting for the transfer.
Ouch! that price has gone up since I was last through there !

Personally, for a few hours, I'd just get a coffee and sit in Starbucks using their wifi.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:30 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Ouch! that price has gone up since I was last through there !

Personally, for a few hours, I'd just get a coffee and sit in Starbucks using their wifi.

Yeah, it's not as cheap as it used to be. I think I payed £12 for 4 hours the first time I used it. Used to be free Heineken on tap too - now I notice that costs extra.

Still, I think it's worth a shower, a change of clothes and some half decent food. That's just for me though - may be less value for a family...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.