Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a property in Hamilton?

Would you buy a property in Hamilton?

Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Henry Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would you buy a property in Hamilton?

Just thinking about buying an investment property at Hamilton Wharf - big new Multiplex development.

Anyone got an information they could share on the area?

Thanks very much.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:03 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you buy a property in Hamilton?

Whole new suburb being built, home to 10,000...I take it you've seen the website?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Hello, thanks for your reply.
Yes we've seen the website, but we don't live in QLD so unsure of the area.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:26 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Henry Family
Hello, thanks for your reply.
Yes we've seen the website, but we don't live in QLD so unsure of the area.
I work in the next suburb (eagle farm) and at the moment its more of a industrialised area..but with the need for more housing,this area will most certainly go up in value...I'll have a drive by on the way home and have a look and see if there's any work taking place...so far I've only seen signs on the roadside..
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:42 am

Might help..It's a fast expanding area

http://www.portsidewharf.com.au/

http://www.hamiltonharbour.com.au/index.html

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/Sear...y+Types&page=2
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Property values are falling in the US and UK. We are on the brink of a global economic meltdown. Forget property at the moment, go for hard assets like gold and silver.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by renth
Property values are falling in the US and UK. We are on the brink of a global economic meltdown. Forget property at the moment, go for hard assets like gold and silver.
So 40% predicated growth in parts of QLD over the next two years are way short of the mark?

I can't see property prices going down here in WA, at the top of the market anyway. As long as there is the demand and increased population (500K in the next ten years) then the property market will be fine? Obviously it can't continue on the same upward trend but we have been very lucky so far.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Henry Family
So 40% predicated growth in parts of QLD over the next two years are way short of the mark?
Who knows, you might get lucky but personally I'm very bearish at the moment, I think tough times are ahead. I'm being very cautious with my investing strategy at the moment. I'm certainly not touching property.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

We are not UK or US and IMO property here is still a good investment although 40% seems a bit high. Property prices in Brisbane peaked in 2004 but there is still good solid growth predicted. Capital growth over the next 10years is expected to be around 10% according to Residex but Hamilton has been way outperforming expectations.

If I were you I would research the Hamilton further before buying there but I believe you will still get some good growth. Check out what similar properties are selling for and remeber that you make your money when you BUY

gill
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much indeed - really helpful
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:30 am

I had a quick look on the way home...Nothing much going on at the moment..looks like they are just starting the entrance to whole estate.

Looked at the plan...Zone 1 looks a good bet...right on the river.

I don't think any of the local industrial area will come into play as the whole area has the river on one side and Queensland golf course on the other.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
I had a quick look on the way home...Nothing much going on at the moment..looks like they are just starting the entrance to whole estate.

Looked at the plan...Zone 1 looks a good bet...right on the river.

I don't think any of the local industrial area will come into play as the whole area has the river on one side and Queensland golf course on the other.
Very kind, cheers for that. Great stuff.

K sent