Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

would this be a problem

would this be a problem

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default would this be a problem

when shaun and i got married i signed my maiden name on the marrage certificate, but in brackets the registair put " name changed by deed poll" meaning i had been married before and changed my name back. but i had not done it by deed poll i had just gone back to my madien name which i thought i could do (without doing the deed poll bit) so shaun says really i signed the wrong name i should have signed my divorced name. it would not have mattered except for the registrar putting changed by deed poll and i had not. does anyone think this is going to be a problem as i cant produce a deed poll certificate. thanks lor
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 4:14 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: would this be a problem

I'm no expert but just using common sense I would say no worries because a married woman can at any time choose to use her maiden name (as many do after marriage) or her married name. The key thing is, was your second marriage bigamous or did you divorce before remarrying? You divorced, therefore you remarried properly in accordance with the law. The fact that there is some minor inaccuracy to do with the deed poll statement by the registrar is immaterial.

All the best and don't worry!