Wikiposts

Worth the wait

Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice to see that you kick out the snob bollocks going here in a most amusing way , good one.

What's this - you stay in the on of left and Meg stays in the one the right. That way you can meet outside - laugh heartily and roll about in the snow, slapping each on the back over each other's antics?

MM.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:25 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

And here's mine, still got change out of 80,000k GBP...
Attached Thumbnails Worth the wait-house.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:25 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by madmancunian
What's this - you stay in the on of left and Meg stays in the one the right. That way you can meet outside - laugh heartily and roll about in the snow, slapping each on the back over each other's antics?

MM.
Humph, prefer not to sleep with me shotgun loaded, last time I near blow me foot orf, fortunately only got the kettle.

This is my main residence when I come down for the winter:

Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by jayr

Has it gone up since you bought it? All of our houses have doubled or more in the last 18 months, thought it was similar in Bris?
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madmancunian

MM.
I have no say in what people post , but this guy has a way of leveling the dross out which I do think would be missed.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:34 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Size matters, but its a bit old fashioned itn't it?

Are houses in Perth pretty old fashioned or did you buy it to renovate?
Looking at it she still had jet lag , I have seen many mansions like this in Padbury they were built to a price and looking it rather her than me.
Some advice for the dreamers these second rate double storie homes are not easy to sell and not a good investment, if your budgets not that great go for a good quality single storie instead in a better area.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 30th 2003 at 5:45 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:34 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Has it gone up since you bought it? All of our houses have doubled or more in the last 18 months, thought it was similar in Bris?

Sorry Dotty I was being ironic, I believe this is on the market for $5m.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jayr, Crikey, you had me going there, thought you bought it 10 years ago or something. Imagine the bus loads of immigrants out there looking for something just like it.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Looking at it she still had jet lag , I have seen many mansions like this in Padbury they were built to a price and looking it rather her than me.
Some advice for the dreamers these second rate double storie homes are not easy to sell and not a good investment, if your budgets not that great go for a good quality single storie instead in a better area.

That is true. Two story homes are not so popular here, unless they are "architectural" type homes to captrue views etc. Reason, Aussies have been brought up with single story homes. Older people dont want stairs, this comment starts at 40 ish here, and youngs with kids want single story as they consider stairs dangerous! Trust me to a pom that sounds stupid but its what they say. New houses here are what people want. 20+ years old is only usually purchased if in a very good area where land is now depleted, then you do it up. Investors usually want new too, better depreciation tax wise.

My tips, Buy New if possible, only old if in incredibly good area, waterfront, or close to City etc (This may not apply in Syd Melb where houses are generally older in good areas)

Always go for single story, unless you can capture ocean views, build in tree tops etc (pole home).

Go for light colours, Darker the house, hotter the house.

If you are buying views, make sure they are from the living areas, not bathrooms etc.

Check your aspects, they are most pedantic about that here, Qld they avoid the west like the plague, because it will make the house like a furnace. In Uk you want to capture the Sun, here they are probably going to be trying to avoid it.

Check the popularity of pools before putting one in. They can make a house harder to sell, unless you are in a area where they can be used most of the year.

Dont rush in, real estate agents will tell you everything you want to hear, especially when the smell the newly converted pounds.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dotty will put that info in log book.

footie chick
Old May 1st 2003, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent advice Dotty. Thankyou

BooBoo
Old May 1st 2003, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree totally with Dotty and her comments on what to avoid and what to look for with property in Oz as she is spot on from my own personal observations.

While the pool might look great, unless you are really using it, it becomes more of a nuiscance than a pleasure.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr

Jay

Thats an awesome property - Enoy it mate !

Regards

Terry
Old May 1st 2003, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the good advice dotty - will keep that in mind

Regards

Terry

That is true. Two story homes are not so popular here, unless they are "architectural" type homes to captrue views etc. Reason, Aussies have been brought up with single story homes. Older people dont want stairs, this comment starts at 40 ish here, and youngs with kids want single story as they consider stairs dangerous! Trust me to a pom that sounds stupid but its what they say. New houses here are what people want. 20+ years old is only usually purchased if in a very good area where land is now depleted, then you do it up. Investors usually want new too, better depreciation tax wise.

My tips, Buy New if possible, only old if in incredibly good area, waterfront, or close to City etc (This may not apply in Syd Melb where houses are generally older in good areas)

Always go for single story, unless you can capture ocean views, build in tree tops etc (pole home).

Go for light colours, Darker the house, hotter the house.

If you are buying views, make sure they are from the living areas, not bathrooms etc.

Check your aspects, they are most pedantic about that here, Qld they avoid the west like the plague, because it will make the house like a furnace. In Uk you want to capture the Sun, here they are probably going to be trying to avoid it.

Check the popularity of pools before putting one in. They can make a house harder to sell, unless you are in a area where they can be used most of the year.

Dont rush in, real estate agents will tell you everything you want to hear, especially when the smell the newly converted pounds.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree with Terry, of course lovely property. Isn`t that what we all expect when we get out there ??

Back to reality.

footie chick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.