Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it worth taking my laptop?

Is it worth taking my laptop?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

JoeyTurnbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it worth taking my laptop?

Ive been ponderin wether its worth me taking my laptop when i go to Oz for the year begining November... its not brand spankers so im not too fussed if it ends up broken! but just wondered if anyone with experience took theres and thought it was more luggage than what it was worth or wether it was a good idea,

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Is it worth taking my laptop?

We're taking our laptops as they can stay with you on board as surplus to your hand luggage on our flights.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

mark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is it worth taking my laptop?

Yep !!

I fly with Cathay on Friday...and just found out that laptops can be carried on plus your 7kg hand luggage.

Cheers,
Mark
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JoeyTurnbull
Ive been ponderin wether its worth me taking my laptop when i go to Oz for the year begining November... its not brand spankers so im not too fussed if it ends up broken! but just wondered if anyone with experience took theres and thought it was more luggage than what it was worth or wether it was a good idea,

Thanks
Yes bring it. I take my laptop on every flight when going back and forth to the UK. Also domestic flights in oz charge for tv/ movies. It doesn't count towards handheld weight allowance so bring a big heavy one :-)
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeyTurnbull

Thanks
If it still works bring it. All you'd need to get is an adaptor for the plug.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

JoeyTurnbull is an unknown quantity at this point

Well thanks very much guys, i will certainly be taking it now, and makes the fact i just paid for a year of norton anti virus all the more worth while haha anyway again thanks alot dudes hope to see you soon!

Joe