Is it worth calling?

Is it worth calling?

Old Apr 29th 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it worth calling?

Hello All

I am getting V. frustrated with not hearing anything from DIMA! We are applying for my hubby on a spouse visa and was quoted 4-6 months processing time. The 6 months is almost up and have not heard anything since sending in meds and copy of his divorce settlement beginning of February (gods knows how you guys wait 20+ months!!). Every day I rush to the mailbox and I am beginning to think that its gone horribly wrong somehow.

My question is......is it worth calling my case officer (if I can get hold of her - last time I had a question I never got a reply) or will that be counter-productive? Will I end up being put to the back of the pile for being a nuisance??? We didn't use a migration agent, I filed application myself from the USA.

Your thoughts please.

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it worth calling?

My advice is to be patient, I waited over two years for my PR Visa, not counting the time it took to put the application together.

If they have to pull your file, they cannot guarantee it will not disrupt the process, there have been the Easter Hols and everything slows up for that.

It will be here soon and you'll forget all this worry.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure it has just been delayed by Easter etc. I realise the waiting is a pain, my poor postman got sick of the sight of me whilst i was waiting for my TRA and that was only about six weeks the poor man will probably change rounds once this visa actually goes off.

Good luck to you i am sure it will be in the post soon.

footie chick