is it worth it

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:29 pm
THIRTY SOMETHING

wono is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is it worth it

Well you,ve probaly heard it all before am desperate to get away from uk fed up want more for my kids i been working 4 agency laid off again i had a gap in my work history as i stayed at home as a house dad i have worked in horticultre and security i have nvq level 1 + 2 but haven,t worked since september but my wife works pt shop assistant and has done for last 5 years whats my chances of working in aus . I WANT OZ BUT DOES OZ WANT ME
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is it worth it

Originally Posted by wono
Well you,ve probaly heard it all before am desperate to get away from uk fed up want more for my kids i been working 4 agency laid off again i had a gap in my work history as i stayed at home as a house dad i have worked in horticultre and security i have nvq level 1 + 2 but haven,t worked since september but my wife works pt shop assistant and has done for last 5 years whats my chances of working in aus . I WANT OZ BUT DOES OZ WANT ME
you need to contact an agent, it may be that you need to retrain in a required field, if you want it badly enough, there's usually a way
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:16 pm
THIRTY SOMETHING

Originally Posted by ohippy
you need to contact an agent, it may be that you need to retrain in a required field, if you want it badly enough, there's usually a way
hi thanks 4 reply was a brickies labouer and worked on sites 4 3 years but no qualifacations in it
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks 4 reply was a brickies labouer and worked on sites 4 3 years but no qualifacations in it
brickies are on MODL but not labourers, you don't need to have formal qualifications but do need detailed references to prove that you do the complete role for the required length of time
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:57 pm
THIRTY SOMETHING

brickies are on MODL but not labourers, you don't need to have formal qualifications but do need detailed references to prove that you do the complete role for the required length of time
hi there no any good agents who can help me get to oz , or u said retrain although i.,m qualified and not worked in that profesion for a while i still know what to do suppose u couldn,t tell me who has better chance of visa me or wife
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hi there no any good agents who can help me get to oz , or u said retrain although i.,m qualified and not worked in that profesion for a while i still know what to do suppose u couldn,t tell me who has better chance of visa me or wife
we used Go Matilda who do offer free advice to begin with so probably worth chatting things through with them. They will tell you who's best to get the visa on and how
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:13 am
THIRTY SOMETHING

we used Go Matilda who do offer free advice to begin with so probably worth chatting things through with them. They will tell you who's best to get the visa on and how
thanks no of any gardening companys looking for workers never been late 4 a job or should i just gamble and come over im not happy in uk anymore
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks no of any gardening companys looking for workers never been late 4 a job or should i just gamble and come over im not happy in uk anymore

Hi

Landscape gardner is on the list as a 60 point occupation. You would need your skills assessed by the TRA. There may also be other related occupations that you may be able to go for. The full list of occupations is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Speak to a migration agent, most offer a free initial consultation. You will then get precise advice on what you need to be able to supply to apply to emmigrate over here
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:24 pm
THIRTY SOMETHING

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi

Landscape gardner is on the list as a 60 point occupation. You would need your skills assessed by the TRA. There may also be other related occupations that you may be able to go for. The full list of occupations is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Speak to a migration agent, most offer a free initial consultation. You will then get precise advice on what you need to be able to supply to apply to emmigrate over here
hi there sent some e mails off to agents just waitint to hear wouldn ,t it be great if u could just hop on a plane and just arrive in oz no 4 a fact could find work dont think its gonna happen haven t worked it gardening trade for a couple of years if theres a god give me a chance life s at rock bottom
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

hi there sent some e mails off to agents just waitint to hear wouldn ,t it be great if u could just hop on a plane and just arrive in oz no 4 a fact could find work dont think its gonna happen haven t worked it gardening trade for a couple of years if theres a god give me a chance life s at rock bottom

You will never know if you don't try Let us know how it goes

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

crowciej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, if you want something bad enough it will happen! If youre willing to do anything you'll find work easy. Once your here you'll be fine. It's getting here thats the battle. Good luck! jen
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy

A migration agent will always tell you that you have a chance to migrate even if you don't because they want your money! It's better/cheaper to do the paper work yourself.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:31 pm
THIRTY SOMETHING

Originally Posted by crowciej
Hey, if you want something bad enough it will happen! If youre willing to do anything you'll find work easy. Once your here you'll be fine. It's getting here thats the battle. Good luck! jen
hi there jen just been looking there s loads ofgardening jobs in oz but i have recently last year gone back to work but not in gardening i get the impression they want someone whose been working a long and continuess term
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
A migration agent will always tell you that you have a chance to migrate even if you don't because they want your money! It's better/cheaper to do the paper work yourself.

They are bound by MARA rules (assuming they are registered) so therefore can only take you on if they are confident you will get a visa. If they take you on and you've no chance then they are risking their career.

Last edited by Wendy; Jan 17th 2007 at 1:34 am.