Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it worth it.............

Is it worth it.............

Old May 10th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it worth it.............

whilst watching a film last night the bloody telly died. Am so annoyed. Now we intend to be on our merry way in a few months........so is it worth buying a new one. If not anyone recommend a hire company in the Portsmouth area!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 10th 2004, 1:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So your TV is succumbed to "if they're leaving me, I'll pack up now" disease, has it? Lots of people reckon their applicances know.
In the last couple of months before I left, I managed to tear 2 sheets, so had to replace them, the microwave went up in a cloud of smoke, the video breathed its last, and the week i had to give the landlord the keys back, I put my foot through a rotten floorboard in the bedroom!

Grovel nicely to friends who can pinch one off ther kids?
Old May 10th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am trying to find a rental place..............in my younger years we used to rent from Radio Rentals......they seem to have all disappeared!!!

Any one???????????
Old May 10th 2004, 2:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
So your TV is succumbed to "if they're leaving me, I'll pack up now" disease, has it? Lots of people reckon their applicances know.
Microwave, washing machine, video, car (ok, so that was my fault), goldfish tank, tiling in the bathroom...

And I haven't even got my visa yet!
Old May 10th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I am trying to find a rental place..............in my younger years we used to rent from Radio Rentals......they seem to have all disappeared!!!

Any one???????????
Called "boxclever" now or something

http://www.yell.com/search/DoSearch?...6+VIDEO+RENTAL
Old May 10th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

definately looks like we will have to buy a new one...........still waiting for Bond request so at least 2 months of doing nothing in the evenings......and before you start thinking of alternative entertainment I have 2 teenagers in the house that have bigger ears than elephants..............
Old May 10th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Sandra
The same happened to us and we got a cheap £30.00 TV, maybe we'll sell it back when we go. We got it down Kingston Road, opposite Laly's / Squirrels. Just before the New Road traffic lights.
Hope you get hold of one - we didn't last long before we gave in and got one!
Larissa
Old May 10th 2004, 3:50 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm. There was a dodgy trick played by someone in Dunedin. Buys the cheap GBP100 51cm TV. 3 months later it gets a bit blurry/ flickery. So he takes it back for a refund. But sir, it looks perfect to me. Oh, you see, at home it flickers intermittantly, not always, just now and then. OK sir, here's your refund.
Old May 10th 2004, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it worth it.............

whilst watching a film last night the bloody telly died. Am so annoyed. Now we intend to be on our merry way in a few months........so is it worth buying a new one. If not anyone recommend a hire company in the Portsmouth area!!!!!!!!!!!
Have sent you a PM - solution may be cheaper than renting!!!
Old May 10th 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Electrical appliances have feelings too. My TV, Video and PC haven't been the same since I mentioned emmigration. I suggest lots of playback for your VCR, treat your TV to a fresh tuning and as for the PC....god knows!?!
Old May 10th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with Pollyanna

In the last month more things have broken or conked out than the entire last year of renting (so now we are worrying about our deposit big time!)
Oven, TV, stereo..... one a week - lets hope nothing else gives!
Old May 10th 2004, 6:27 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Hi Sandra,
we had a similar thing today, A brand new leather 3 piece suite became available to us today at a price we could'nt refuse.
Still it will look great in Aus. (thats if the kids dont ruin it first)
Old May 10th 2004, 6:30 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Oh btw, I have a TV in the garage you can have if you want it. Its a Sony 25" screen.
The picture has a slight green hint to it sometimes so I think the tube may be on the way out. But its better than nothing.
Old May 10th 2004, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pompeywill
Hi Sandra,
we had a similar thing today, A brand new leather 3 piece suite became available to us today at a price we could'nt refuse.
Still it will look great in Aus. (thats if the kids dont ruin it first)
Sush... am going green with envy already!
Old May 10th 2004, 6:58 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Larissa
Sush... am going green with envy already!
Its amazing the deals you can get off a travelling gypsy.
Shall I send him round???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.