Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worries about emmigrating.

Worries about emmigrating.

Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:52 am
Just Joined

aliciaoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Worries about emmigrating.

Hi, i'm new to this site and wondered if somebody could answer some questions for me. My husband and i have decided we would like to emmigrate (although it won't be for a few years as we have to save). We would like to live in the french's forest area as we visited oh brother a few months ago and decicded we liked the area and would like our daughter to attend the local school mimosa. I am a little bit worried as my husband will be applying for a visa under communications linesperson and i have hunted on all the job websites and have not found any jobs under this title. Has anybody else emmigrated under this trade and if so could you tell me where you looked for jobs. Also we have a 100% mortgage and don't expect to make much money on the sale of the house is it possible to emmigrate with little money and take some credit card debts with you. Its not ideal and i would like to be debt free but being realistic we aren't going to be. At the moment i work in jewellery retail and while visiting brother in law visited some local malls in the warringah area and noticed quite a few vacancies in jewellers,but i am hoping to go to college in september and train as a reflexologist is ther anybody that can point me in the right direction to find out whether i would be able to use my qualification in oz. Sorry for this being so long but everybody here seems so helpful i thought there might be a few people who may be able to give some sound advice. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:18 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worries about emmigrating.

Can't help you with any of your questions, but just wanted to say 'welcome' and good luck,
Tracey
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Hello and welcome aboard the rollercoaster

My wife is training in holistic therapies: Indian Head, Hopi, Reiki, Reflexology n stuff.
I asked a question a while ago about how popular its is in Aus on this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434329

There are plenty on here that have gone over with very little in the way
of money. If all goes well with our application we'll be one of them.

I wish you all the best.

Scotty.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies and encouragement i just wish we were going a lot sooner but all good things come to those that wait ay.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by aliciaoggy
Thanks for the replies and encouragement i just wish we were going a lot sooner but all good things come to those that wait ay.
You could say that, look at the date I joined this forum
I found another thread which may be of use.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=therapist
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for that i think i'll get in touch with the college aswell and ask them a few questions. I did'nt think anyone was going to reply to my post so thanks again.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that i think i'll get in touch with the college aswell and ask them a few questions. I did'nt think anyone was going to reply to my post so thanks again.
You're welcome
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:21 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i'm new to this site and wondered if somebody could answer some questions for me. My husband and i have decided we would like to emmigrate (although it won't be for a few years as we have to save). We would like to live in the french's forest area as we visited oh brother a few months ago and decicded we liked the area and would like our daughter to attend the local school mimosa. I am a little bit worried as my husband will be applying for a visa under communications linesperson and i have hunted on all the job websites and have not found any jobs under this title. Has anybody else emmigrated under this trade and if so could you tell me where you looked for jobs. Also we have a 100% mortgage and don't expect to make much money on the sale of the house is it possible to emmigrate with little money and take some credit card debts with you. Its not ideal and i would like to be debt free but being realistic we aren't going to be. At the moment i work in jewellery retail and while visiting brother in law visited some local malls in the warringah area and noticed quite a few vacancies in jewellers,but i am hoping to go to college in september and train as a reflexologist is ther anybody that can point me in the right direction to find out whether i would be able to use my qualification in oz. Sorry for this being so long but everybody here seems so helpful i thought there might be a few people who may be able to give some sound advice. Thanks in advance

Just one word of advice. Don't take any debts with you. Emmigrating is far more expensive than you can ever anticipate and trying to pay off English debts with Aussie dollars is a recipe for disaster. Look at the exchange rate and actual earnings over there. You will have so many pressures already when you get there like looking for jobs, paying the rent, buying cars etc. You just don't need this additional pressure.

We left the UK last year with 50K. After all our costs and purchases, then constantly dipping into our savings to pay the rent because of low paid and inconsistant work we returned to the UK a year later with 10K. This isn't meant to put you off at all, but make sure you are financially secure before you even consider making the move. Do your research thoroughly and don't end up broke like us.

Good luck
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

I totally understand what you are saying,I am the sort of person that doesn't just jump into something i think about things and research first. I know that we are not going to have much when we go over there but we don't have much here. My husband and i just want a better way of life for our daughter and us.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:00 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

I totally understand what you are saying,I am the sort of person that doesn't just jump into something i think about things and research first. I know that we are not going to have much when we go over there but we don't have much here. My husband and i just want a better way of life for our daughter and us.
Hi and welcome, i notice u are from Halesowen we are too and are ready to leave in 4 weeks where abouts are you and good luck with everything

paula
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Lucky you. We live near Street bike.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:05 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Lucky you. We live near Street bike.
we could be neighbours we are not far in hurst green
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Hello its me again i don't suppose anyone would have any info on jobhunting as mentioned in my earlier post my hubbie is a telecommunications engineer but there doesn't seem to be much work in this area in nsw, at least not on the sites we've looked on.