Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried, need some help

Worried, need some help

Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worried, need some help

Oh no. We have just checked our emails and we have one from the skilled processing centre in Adelaide saying that they have had problems trying to take the payment for the visa. The money is definately there to pay for the visa because we cleared it a few weeks ago. We only have 3 days from the date of the email to sort this out or they will send the application form back. We have phoned the credit card company and asked them to accept any payment from them up to the amount of £1200 (our visa only cost $1935 so we will be covered for exchange rate and so on).

We just cant see what has went wrong and now we are really worried. I have re-confirmed all the card details so fingers crossed for the next 2 days.

I feel physically sick now im so worried. Has anyone had any problems with their cards when trying to make payment. ??
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:41 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried, need some help

Can`t help you I`m afraid but I hope it goes ok for you - will send some calming good luck karma
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Can`t help you I`m afraid but I hope it goes ok for you - will send some calming good luck karma
Thanks gobbyjock, they have said 3 days and ive just realised its the weekend. Im praying they are open tomo because they said 3 days from the date of the email which is today :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We warned about this CC companys are known to do this if they think the payment is out of character, can you not get your bank to transfer the money direct into their account.

Good luck Fraser
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

lippy will become famous soon enough

Was your credit card limit high enough?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraser
We warned about this CC companys are known to do this if they think the payment is out of character, can you not get your bank to transfer the money direct into their account.

Good luck Fraser
Hi Fraser, All our saving are in an internet account and it says it takes 4-5 working days for payment to go through. We have phoned the credit card company and told them to authorise any payment made by the processing centre. The main thing that is worrying us is that the cc company have said that they havent declined any payments from anyone so i have reconfirmed all the details in the email i sent to them. Thank you
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lippy
Was your credit card limit high enough?

Yep definately we payed it all off about 3 weeks ago and there is a £1800 limit on that one. God knows whats went wrong.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry its me again. I was wondering if anyone knew if the skilled processing centre was open on a saturday because Darren works night shift and we could maybe phone them when he gets in from work and sort it out over the phone instead of them waiting to get the email on it. Cheers
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:38 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by angel17796
Oh no. We have just checked our emails and we have one from the skilled processing centre in Adelaide saying that they have had problems trying to take the payment for the visa. The money is definately there to pay for the visa because we cleared it a few weeks ago. We only have 3 days from the date of the email to sort this out or they will send the application form back. We have phoned the credit card company and asked them to accept any payment from them up to the amount of £1200 (our visa only cost $1935 so we will be covered for exchange rate and so on).

We just cant see what has went wrong and now we are really worried. I have re-confirmed all the card details so fingers crossed for the next 2 days.

I feel physically sick now im so worried. Has anyone had any problems with their cards when trying to make payment. ??
One of my credit cards, can't remember which one, are always refusing payment because "it is not where I would normally use it so they assume it may be stolen"!!!! Der. I'm fed up looking like a twit and what is the point in having a credit card if they are never going to authorise unaccompanied payments! Must try and remember which one it is so I don't use it again. I've got a whole collection I can choose from!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:39 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Sorry its me again. I was wondering if anyone knew if the skilled processing centre was open on a saturday because Darren works night shift and we could maybe phone them when he gets in from work and sort it out over the phone instead of them waiting to get the email on it. Cheers
I have read before that they work on Saturdays and occassionally do overtime on Sundays as well!! Good luck

Anne
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are ususally open on Saturdays or they used to be.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, I don't know the answer to that but I think that it's probably as Fraser said(I think it was him). If you try and make an unusually high payment with your credit card they often refuse it. This is only because they think it may be being used fraudulently. I'm sure that now you have phoned your cc company they will authorise payment.

I'm sure that as it's the weekend the skills assessment office will give you 3 working days to make the payment, places usually do. If they're not open tomorrow I'd ring them first thing Monday (late sun night) to explain and they'll probably hold it for you.

Tracey
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tracey.d
sorry, I don't know the answer to that but I think that it's probably as Fraser said(I think it was him). If you try and make an unusually high payment with your credit card they often refuse it. This is only because they think it may be being used fraudulently. I'm sure that now you have phoned your cc company they will authorise payment.

I'm sure that as it's the weekend the skills assessment office will give you 3 working days to make the payment, places usually do. If they're not open tomorrow I'd ring them first thing Monday (late sun night) to explain and they'll probably hold it for you.

Tracey
Thanks everyone, I checked the website last night and all they had was a number to call them from Australia. We were panicking about it yesterday but we know we have done the right thing by calling the card company and confirming all the details again.

Cheers for all your replies.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:56 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Worried, need some help

You could try to pm ABC Diamond....hes in the know about finances. x