worried mum

Old May 31st 2006, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default worried mum

well you know the story, left my older kids back in Uk, but they came eventually.
It was not easy, and i missed my daughter terribly, she dropped a bombshell last night.
She has booked a one way ticket to Melbourne, she wants to explore.
I am so worried, will she be safe, what is it like there. Come on you lot in Melbourne put my mind at rest.
Denise
Old May 31st 2006, 12:53 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worried mum

Originally Posted by cranni
well you know the story, left my older kids back in Uk, but they came eventually.
It was not easy, and i missed my daughter terribly, she dropped a bombshell last night.
I am so worried, will she be safe, what is it like there. Come on you lot in Melbourne put my mind at rest.
Denise
Oh Denise! It must be really hard for you - but then you should at least be thankful that you've brought up a brave independent adventurer

How old is she? I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine

Kath x
Old May 31st 2006, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
Oh Denise! It must be really hard for you - but then you should at least be thankful that you've brought up a brave independent adventurer

How old is she? I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine

Kath x
she is 20 this month June.
she is sensible, and grown up, but i am a born worrier.at least she is in Oz,so not too far.
what are you doing up.
Old May 31st 2006, 1:12 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

she is sensible, and grown up, but i am a born worrier.at least she is in Oz,so not too far.
what are you doing up.
I'm a worrier too so I know how you feel.

I've was feeling poorly earlier and had to go to bed at 6pm (most unlike me) so I've got up for a hot chocolate and to do some things that I should've done earlier instead of sleeping!

I'm off to bed now though Hope you get some reassurance off the Melbournians

Goodnight
Old May 31st 2006, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Denise

Try not to worry - they have to go - but they do come back you know

I left 16 year old in uk - still hoping she will come.

I brought 17 year old out here - he went back and then boomeranged back here - and he 19 now and plans on going back in 2 years

Sent you some karma
Old May 31st 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

willkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

what are you doing up.
You're not letting her go to Melbourne are you!?! OMG, what a mistake, it's an awful place, terrible, full of criminals (much like most of Oz), it's cold and always bloody rains

Only teasing, Melbourne is great but it does rain all the time and is freezing (I have to say that a Sydney-sider). Went down there over around ANZAC day, took a coat and jumper with me, had to buy an extra jumper and hat and wear them all at once as it was so cold!

I'd be more worried about her enjoying herself too much, a 20 year old girl in Melbourne......Sorry can't resist teasing!
Old May 31st 2006, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by willkerr
You're not letting her go to Melbourne are you!?! OMG, what a mistake, it's an awful place, terrible, full of criminals (much like most of Oz), it's cold and always bloody rains

Only teasing, Melbourne is great but it does rain all the time and is freezing (I have to say that a Sydney-sider). Went down there over around ANZAC day, took a coat and jumper with me, had to buy an extra jumper and hat and wear them all at once as it was so cold!

I'd be more worried about her enjoying herself too much, a 20 year old girl in Melbourne......Sorry can't resist teasing!
I know, im being silly. But mums worry, and thats a fact.
I just hope its too cold and she comes home.
Thanks for cheering me up.
Old May 31st 2006, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sasbear
Try not to worry - they have to go - but they do come back you know

I left 16 year old in uk - still hoping she will come.

I brought 17 year old out here - he went back and then boomeranged back here - and he 19 now and plans on going back in 2 years

Sent you some karma
Cant help but worry, I left the 3 older ones also, Michelle came 6 month later, it was one of the worst times of my life, leaving them.
Scott came in Jan, so just 1 more to go.
Then she drops this bombshell, the worst thing was it was my 1st day at work, and then this, I will just miss her so much.
My mum and dad went back last week, they where here 3 months, and im still getting over that.
How much more can i take.
Denise
Thanks for your concern.
Old May 31st 2006, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

willkerr is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, im being silly. But mums worry, and thats a fact.
I just hope its too cold and she comes home.
Thanks for cheering me up.
She'll be fine and have a great time, although she will probably get a cold and be on the phone for some TLC from her Mum.

You can always tell her to come to the 'best' city on the East Coast, Sydney! (wait for all the comments about that ) I'll even offer to show her the sights, that'll convince her to go back to WA
Old May 31st 2006, 5:20 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Denise

Don't worry if she is as well balanced and sensible as you I'm sure she will be fine! :scared:

Seriously though, she will be fine...stop worrying! I travelled all over Oz and Asia at that age and it was fine....
Old May 31st 2006, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Cant help but worry, I left the 3 older ones also, Michelle came 6 month later, it was one of the worst times of my life, leaving them.
Scott came in Jan, so just 1 more to go.
Then she drops this bombshell, the worst thing was it was my 1st day at work, and then this, I will just miss her so much.
My mum and dad went back last week, they where here 3 months, and im still getting over that.
How much more can i take.
Denise
Thanks for your concern.

Hi,
A woman I work with had the same dilemmas, her 19 year flew out to Oz for a year back packing with a friend. The woman was upset for weeks,then she saw photos and video footage of her daughter having a brilliant time, and she relaxed and said I wish I'd done it at her age. Then when daughter gets back, she annouces she only back for 6 months to save money to go round America. Her mum just shrugged and said oh well I'll just enjoy six months with her!
It must be hard, I think this is all part and parcel of being a parent. My eldest son is only 11, we are struggling with letting him go out and about locally on his own!
Really feel for you, specially as your parents have just gone back.
Take care
Sharon xx
Old May 31st 2006, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

It is as safe as any city I know, if not safer There are certain areas I tend to avoid if I am on my own after dark but not many. She will have a great time
Old May 31st 2006, 11:56 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

It is the Aussie way. I don't know anyone at work who was born in Perth and always lived here. Let her travel and hope she comes back to where the heart is. If you love somebody set them free - at least she is in the same country
Old May 31st 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Denise
I spent 12 months travelling around oz a couple of years ago - i was on my own and spent a lot of my time in Melbourne - it was great, you would be surprised how many backpackers go it alone, it was so easy to make friends and I ended up travelling with different people who were in the same boat as me. If she's coped ok in the UK then she'll be just fine in Melbourne
Old May 31st 2006, 12:36 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KayC
I spent 12 months travelling around oz a couple of years ago - i was on my own and spent a lot of my time in Melbourne - it was great, you would be surprised how many backpackers go it alone, it was so easy to make friends and I ended up travelling with different people who were in the same boat as me. If she's coped ok in the UK then she'll be just fine in Melbourne

Me too!

She will be fine and will probably meet some great folk and hopefully make some friends for life. The advantage is that you are in the same country in which she wants to travel and explore, don't worry, she will be fine. You can always meet up with her if she moves around!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.