Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

worried about meds next year

worried about meds next year

Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default worried about meds next year

Hi All, We are in the process of lodging our visa applications at the moment, but i am expecting a baby in December. Although we know that we can defer the dates of our meds until after the baby is born - i am wondering if anyone knows how long you can defer the date till once they've been requested? My concern is that i am already very overweight and will have a little bit extra weight to try and lose now with the pregnancy in as little as possible time (am hoping to lose at least 3stone in order to get my BMI down). Any advice or comments from anyone who has ever been in the same position would be appreciated.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: worried about meds next year

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi All, We are in the process of lodging our visa applications at the moment, but i am expecting a baby in December. Although we know that we can defer the dates of our meds until after the baby is born - i am wondering if anyone knows how long you can defer the date till once they've been requested? My concern is that i am already very overweight and will have a little bit extra weight to try and lose now with the pregnancy in as little as possible time (am hoping to lose at least 3stone in order to get my BMI down). Any advice or comments from anyone who has ever been in the same position would be appreciated.
May sound like a stupid question but how tall are you? I'm a minimum of 3 stone over and passed with a little margin to spare but I'm 5'9". When we had our medicals over here our examiner told us that usually appeals against BMI rejections would be upheld because the immigration chief had more clout than the health minister - don't know if this holds if you're applying from the UK. I would think you'd have a better chance immediately after the baby's born as you've got an excellent excuse. Don't get too worked up about it - you're about to get started on probably the two most exciting (and exhausting) times that can happen to you.

By the way used to work at Redbridge College in Romford, got fond memories when I saw where you were from.

All the best for you and your baby.