Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried about Hubby's medical

Worried about Hubby's medical

Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worried about Hubby's medical

We are waiting for our meds request to come through from DIMIA

The trouble is I am concerned about Richards medical...
The thing is when he was a child he had a cancerous tumour behind his ear. He was given over doses of chemo and radiotherapy and he surviced against all odds.

Hewas given the all clear just before I met him when he was 21.
He will have to put this on the form I know but will it go against him?

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:32 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Worried about Hubby's medical

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

The thing is when he was a child he had a cancerous tumour behind his ear. He was given over doses of chemo and radiotherapy and he surviced against all odds.

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
Ang,

Sorry, don't know the answer but am sending some karma.

SG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
If he has been clear all these years it won't be a problem
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:34 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
Angie,

Our meds aren't until June, but from everything I have heard about the medicals, I think it's very unlikely that this would have any negative bearing on the decision, given that he's had the all clear for, I am assuming, a number of years?

Rgds,
Nicky
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
Sorry, cannot answer your question Ang.

Just want to say that I hope it all goes alright, and that I'm thinking of you and hoping.

Cas xx
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:58 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Any advice folks please
Thanks
Ang
To be honest i don't think rich has anything to worry about....

at your medical you will either pass with flyin colours and are given an 'A pass'
or if the doctor feels there is a concern he will give you a 'B pass'

Should someone get a 'B pass' your report will be sent to HAS in Sydney who will scan over it...... and if needs be they will request the person to undergo tests for any condidtion which is highlighted. Unfortunately this may delay things a touch....

but like i sed.... the problem mentioned you are concerned about i feel wont be an issue....rich has been cleared for years....he is a positive person because ov his past..... u must try and be the same!

boom
x
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:05 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
To be honest i don't think rich has anything to worry about....

at your medical you will either pass with flyin colours and are given an 'A pass'
or if the doctor feels there is a concern he will give you a 'B pass'

Should someone get a 'B pass' your report will be sent to HAS in Sydney who will scan over it...... and if needs be they will request the person to undergo tests for any condidtion which is highlighted. Unfortunately this may delay things a touch....

but like i sed.... the problem mentioned you are concerned about i feel wont be an issue....rich has been cleared for years....he is a positive person because ov his past..... u must try and be the same!

boom
x
Cheers Lisa for that.
Its weird but with all the stress of trying to sell the house and working and wandering when we will be going, the medicals are just another issue.
I am trying to be positive but I am having a tough time of it at the mo. My mum has just been told she is losing her eyesight cos of her diabetes.
This is killin me cos I feel really guilty going and leaving her like this.
She has said we have to go she would never forgive herself if I stayed cos of her.
Out of all the peeps on here you actually know Rich and Im sure he will pass with flying colours.... especially since he has packed in smoking (not had 1 for 5 weeks now)

Hows things for you guys, is Andy's job ok
Thanks again
Ang x
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:23 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Lisa for that.
Its weird but with all the stress of trying to sell the house and working and wandering when we will be going, the medicals are just another issue.
I am trying to be positive but I am having a tough time of it at the mo. My mum has just been told she is losing her eyesight cos of her diabetes.
This is killin me cos I feel really guilty going and leaving her like this.
She has said we have to go she would never forgive herself if I stayed cos of her.
Out of all the peeps on here you actually know Rich and Im sure he will pass with flying colours.... especially since he has packed in smoking (not had 1 for 5 weeks now)

Hows things for you guys, is Andy's job ok
Thanks again
Ang x

Sori to hear about mum..... and its its great that she is coming to terms with your move....leaving parents is very stressful..... hense the lump in my thoat - leaving me paranoid that it far sumthing major rather than stress! My mum still hasnt come to terms with us goin - she still hasnt visited and every phone call is a constant reminder that she is upset we went!

Good to hear rich has stopped smokin........... we were suprised he was smokin..... we knew he liked a festive cigar.... just hope that the change in working environment does not bring it on again .

The girls have settled into school well...... Ash has had a few problems with a lad called brock ...... giving him abit ov verbal! Trying to sort that out.

Also gud with me..... I go into school 4 mornings a week..... all voluntary unfortunately..... Oz schools reply on good will!

Work is a big issue at the moment...... Andy isnt happy!..... hes tried to set up a Business....in design etc. hes had some work from it.... but not enough to live on.... Hes very low at present and wants to come home.

have to go..... school time

boomie
x
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:45 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by Boomie
Sori to hear about mum..... and its its great that she is coming to terms with your move....leaving parents is very stressful..... hense the lump in my thoat - leaving me paranoid that it far sumthing major rather than stress! My mum still hasnt come to terms with us goin - she still hasnt visited and every phone call is a constant reminder that she is upset we went!

Good to hear rich has stopped smokin........... we were suprised he was smokin..... we knew he liked a festive cigar.... just hope that the change in working environment does not bring it on again .

The girls have settled into school well...... Ash has had a few problems with a lad called brock ...... giving him abit ov verbal! Trying to sort that out.

Also gud with me..... I go into school 4 mornings a week..... all voluntary unfortunately..... Oz schools reply on good will!

Work is a big issue at the moment...... Andy isnt happy!..... hes tried to set up a Business....in design etc. hes had some work from it.... but not enough to live on.... Hes very low at present and wants to come home.

have to go..... school time

boomie
x
Sorry to hear about Ash...Im sure he will be okay.
What school do they go to.I am thinking about sending Aimee to Alexandra Hills State. But we will wait till we get there and let her have a look around first. She's quite looking forward to it now.
Andy won't really ahve much luck of it if he comes home. Business isn't really that good here. What do you think? Would you come back,if he's unhappy

The parents have been talking about us going more and more. Marg dusts the girls photos and has a good cry. John is trying to put a brave face on it but you can see that its going to kill them all. Must admit Im not looking forward to saying goodbye when it comes to it.

Ang