Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried about a few kids, dunno who to call!

Worried about a few kids, dunno who to call!

Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:15 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worried about a few kids, dunno who to call!

I went to a house today to do with work and was appalled by what I see! ... The house (excuse language) is a shit hole! ... dirt and mess all over the place, engines in the kitchen, dogs running around the place, and 2 kids (guess 5 - 7 ish) who I guess shoulda been at school! One was lying on a sofa wrapped in a towel, and the other was eating something on toast off the floor next to the dogs bowl! ... Once I put my toolbox down the kid eating off the floor came over and was pestering me. I noticed he'd recently been cropped, and then see all the hair cuttings all over the kitchen floor with the dog crap. This place I couldn't get out of quick enough!!

I was there to fault her telephone line and once she showed me where her modem was plugged in, she went off down the hallway a tad to the toilet. Here the door was left open and I had the pleasure of hearing her dump a load down the pan ... Deli belly or summat, I kid you not! I normally get a signature for my visit but after she came out of the door, bypassed the bathroom and straight to me, I didn't feel I needed one on this occasion!

Now thru work I do visit all them lovely suburbs around south Brissie and this was the lovely Eagleby, which has a terrible name I know, but this was just crazy! I've been in some right ole shit holes here, but as I say this was crazy, summat else fa sure! I feel it in my duty to report this to someone, but I don't know who! Was gonna just phone the police, and will if no one can point me anywhere, but thought i'd throw it out here, see what you know.

Anyone?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried about a few kids, dunno who to call!

Department of child services?

Must be a phoneline in the phone book...

Or are you worried about the poor dog living with a family like that.... RSPCA havea hotline too....
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/ch...afety-services
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Thanks Steve,

If you aren't sure who to call, or for assistance to locate your nearest child safety service centre, contact Child Safety Services' Enquiries Unit on 1800 811 810

http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/ch...ng-child-abuse
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eddie007
Or are you worried about the poor dog living with a family like that.... RSPCA havea hotline too....
Dog seemed happy as Larry TBH and can put up with mess quite easily, just worried for the kids really.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

bra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nicebra_boy is just really nice

Yes, you should call ASAP.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bra_boy
Yes, you should call ASAP.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Only 9 - 5 unless an emergency and not convinced it's an emergency. NEEDS to be looked into for sure, but wouldn't say an emergency.

Will phone them 1st thing Monday.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know what happens.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:36 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah as others have said, definitely phone DOCS.

I'm working in the child protection unit in the Police at the moment and we work hand in hand with DOCS. As you can imagine we see some awful stuff! But they will send someone over to check out the situation.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Let us know what happens.
Will do!

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Yeah as others have said, definitely phone DOCS.

I'm working in the child protection unit in the Police at the moment and we work hand in hand with DOCS. As you can imagine we see some awful stuff! But they will send someone over to check out the situation.
Yeah as I say i've been in some right ole messes, and that's fine just in and out, never there for more than 10 mins on a job, but it looked like they were couped up in there all day long ...

One of the kids was as good as bald from no doubt the ladies handy work, but the other had a head of rats tails for want of a better word!

Not good, and will def update on Monday.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Its harder to "do the right thing" than you might imagine....

All sorts of reasons people dont report.... And justify to themselves not doing it....

But there's ONE bloody good reason why they should... The kids....
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking - are you a mandated reporter? http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/ch...-and-reporting Although neglect is usually prioritized lower down the list than sexual abuse. Assume you've got all the numbers http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/ch...ng-child-abuse

Good luck, it's a hard call to make.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:10 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Eagleby is an absolutely shocking area and I didnt even like driving through it. Definitely report it.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 3:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eddie007
Its harder to "do the right thing" than you might imagine....

All sorts of reasons people dont report.... And justify to themselves not doing it....

But there's ONE bloody good reason why they should... The kids....
Exactly!

Originally Posted by quoll
Just checking - are you a mandated reporter?
Nope!

Originally Posted by chris955
Eagleby is an absolutely shocking area and I didnt even like driving through it. Definitely report it.
10 mins from me, but thankfully far enough to be away from it all.

Yeah slumhole for sure!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.